Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sassie1918
Reel Rookie

Paramount plus kids accounts

The kids accounts on our paramount plus app will not load. We can select them, it starts to load and then it just goes back to the roku home screen. The adult accounts are loading fine. The kids accounts are loading fine on our Vizio smart TV. The problem is on all 3 of our roku devices. This makes me think it is a roku issue.

8 REPLIES 8
stillsbd

Re: Paramount plus kids accounts

I'm having exact same issue so agree this seems like a Roku problem that needs to get fixed.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @sassie1918 @stillsbd

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Paramount+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
CannMom

I am having the same issue with the kids account.  I have removed the channel, restarted roku, and reinstalled the channel.  Twice.  It did not work. Still having the issue. Help

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@CannMom

You may need to check your internet router.  
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
CannMom

@Michelle3 the adult profile works fine, so I dont think it's a router issue

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@CannMom 

Contact Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/contact-us

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@CannMom

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Paramount + Help Center

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
sassie1918
Reel Rookie

I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not work. It is working today, though.

0 Kudos