Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus not showing any HDR for content that should have it.

Jump to solution

@losincali wrote:

What kind of required information is needed to have the issue fixed. I have a TCL 55S21 Roku TV C172X software version 10.5 that also has the same issue not displaying anything HDR within the Paramount + app. I have no issues with Disney + or Netflix or even while gaming on Xbox but if i watch anything on Paramount that's supposed to be HDR i have no HDR flag.

The information requested by @RokuMary-F can be found here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Paramount-Plus-not-showing-any-HDR-f...

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Latest e-mail from Paramount Tier 2 Support:

Dear Todd,

Thank you for responding with your feedback. We apologize for the delay and for not providing a timely resolution for streaming issues faced on your Roku TV. Please be assured your issue has been escalated to our senior technical support team and they are working diligently with Roku TV manufacturers to resolve this. We believe this issue is affecting more than one subscriber so we will update you accordingly.

In the meantime, please try to stream Paramount+ on any other supported devices from this article: www.help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-I-m-an-existing-subscriber-How-can-I-watch-Paramount-on-my-c... .

We appreciate your continued understanding and patience on this matter!

Regards,

Kanal
Paramount+ Customer Support Tier 2 Agent
Young Sheldon always puts me in a good mood

So, now they are working with Roku TV manufacturers (TCL, Sharp, Hisense, etc.) hoping to find a solution? Except, as I have told P+ support time and time again, I do not own a Roku TV! Oh, and that link that was provided goes to a page that does not exist.

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Toddwrtr  Love your persistence buddy. Was hoping to watch Halo when it comes out on March 24th in 4K. It’s not looking too promising 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the follow-up.

We believe we have found a resolution for this issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update. 

We appreciate your patience and we are working diligently to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

Best regards,
Mary

UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

Resolved with a future RokuOS update, or a future Paramount+ app update?

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Depends on who you are talking to. Roku says a P+ app updates is required, while P+ says a Roku OS update is required.

If it’s a Roku OS update, then most of us won’t see it resolved for another 2 months after it’s released by Roku!

This should not be marked as solved until it is proven that the update, either from Roku or Paramount+ (which is not specified in this "solution") actually fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
cliffmeister1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As far as I'm concerned. I'm the one who opened this topic. If I don't personally see this resolved. It's not and no solution will be accepted till then.

UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

Today's 3/14 Paramount+ app update (7.0.20220307) did not fix the lack of HDR (DV or HDR10) issue.

Again, is the fix supposed to be an app update, or a RokuOS firmware update? (RokuOS 10.6 perhaps?)

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@UserOfStreamers wrote:

@RokuMary-F 

Today's 3/14 Paramount+ app update (7.0.20220307) did not fix the lack of HDR (DV or HDR10) issue.

Looks like that update broke the audio on a lot of content! I am getting NO AUDIO on "Infinite," "A Quiet Place II," "A Quiet Place," pretty much anything with a Dolby Atmos soundtrack (even if you select STEREO as an audio option).

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I did that update and my audio works on those titles, you need to reboot your Roku and that would probably fix it just unplug it and plug it back in. 

and yes you are right, the HDR still doesn’t work. 

0 Kudos