Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus not showing any HDR for content that should have it.

Jump to solution

P+ is also saying that it likely will not get resolved until after the next MAJOR Roku OS update due to be released this SPRING!

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@randys wrote:

Thanks for taking one for the team and making the call and staying on hold, I often do that but in this case I hadn’t tried it yet. 

I have attempted to contact them through Facebook Twitter Instagram and they won’t respond, you would think they could just say something but they won’t. 

Send a tweet to https://twitter.com/thomasryan (CEO of Paramount+) and ask him why no one has responded to you. That is what I did, and suddenly everyone at P+ wanted to be my best friend! Sad, but true!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

This only occurs on the Paramount+ app!!

Roku Premiere
-Roku device model: 3920X
-serial number: YH00FT631242
-device ID: K4289F631242
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-91
-Paramount+ version/build: v6.4 build 20220124
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): 42-048-723
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message: The HDR flag does not appear on my TV screen
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: I use the display button on my TV remote to see what type of video my TV is receiving from my RokuHulu HDR content on RokuHulu HDR content on Roku

Rumble menu screen on P+Rumble menu screen on P+

Where is the HDR flag?Where is the HDR flag?

Roku Streaming Stick+
-Roku device model: 3810RW
-serial number: YH00ER810571
-device ID: C237AE810571
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-50
-Paramount+ version/build: v6.4 build 20221024
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): 71-048-792
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message: The HDR flag does not appear on my TV screen
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: I use the display button on my TV remote to see what type of video my TV is receiving from my RokuRumble menu screen on P+Rumble menu screen on P+

Hulu HDR contentHulu HDR content

Where is the HDR flag?Where is the HDR flag?

Roku Streaming Stick 4K
-Roku device model: 3820X
-serial number: X01700CANE5J
-device ID: S08Y418ANE5J
-software OS/version: 10.5.1 build 4066-CU
-Paramount+ version/build: v6.4 build 20221024
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): 5J-048-812
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: I use the display button on my TV remote to see what type of video my TV is receiving from my RokuDisney+ HDR contentDisney+ HDR content

Rumble menu screen on P+Rumble menu screen on P+

Why no HDR or DV flag?Why no HDR or DV flag?

Roku Ultra (2020)
-Roku device model: 4800X
-serial number: X010000412GJ
-device ID: S02A213412GJ
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4208-C2
-Paramount+ version/build: v6.4 build 20220124
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): GJ-048-862
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message: The HDR/Dolby Vision flag does not appear on my TV screen
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: I use the display button on my TV remote to see what type of video my TV is receiving from my Roku

Disney+ Dolby Vision contentDisney+ Dolby Vision contentRumble menu screen on P+Rumble menu screen on P+Where is the DV or HDR flag?Where is the DV or HDR flag?

And here is "Rumble" playing on the Paramount+ app on my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K:

Rumble-FireStick 4K.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Toddwrtr,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Received this e-mail today from P+ support:

Hi!

We wanted to follow up with you and let you know that our technical team is still investigating your issue. We'll be in touch as soon as this has been resolved.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we continue to work on a solution.

Regards,

Paramount+ Customer Support

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @Toddwrtr,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Any updates?

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Paramount+ apparently is sending out this e-mail every 2 weeks. Unbelievable!

Hi!

We wanted to follow up with you and let you know that our technical team is still investigating your issue. We'll be in touch as soon as this has been resolved.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we continue to work on a solution.

Regards,

Paramount+ Customer Support

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Another response this evening. What does ANY of these steps have ANYTHING to do with the playback of 4K HDR content?

Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting Paramount+. First we would like to apologize for the delay in our response. We are sorry you are experiencing this issue and would love to assist.

After reviewing your case and account, we are seeing that your streaming has been restored.

Please refer to the following steps:
1. Ensure you are using the 2.4GHz network as most Roku devices run better on this network.
2. When viewing, click the (*) option button on the Remote and ensure Volume mode is turned off.
3. Also, ensure the bandwidth saver is off by going to settings>>network>>bandwidth saver>>off.
4. If these steps do not work, try changing your resolution settings on the Roku to 720p versus 1080p.
-Setting >> Display type.

If after completing the above steps you are still having issues with streaming, just reply to this email.

Regards,

Shannel

Paramount+ Customer Support Tier 2 Agent

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F: And this is what Paramount+ told me today on Twitter:

You can watch shows in 4K, Dolby Vision or HDR10 video formats on supported devices below that are connected to a 4K/DV/HDR10 capable TV. Just make sure you’re connected to a 4K capable TV.

Select Roku models not version 10.5
Amazon Fire TV (4K Stick, Cube)
Android TV
Apple TV 4K HDR (5th Gen)

Since Roku TVs and devices cannot be loaded with older firmware, Roku users are basically up the creek. I even had an agent on the phone today who told me to "go out and purchase a 4K-capable Amazon Firestick since Roku is not working to fix the issue." Her words, not mine.

0 Kudos