Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randys
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus not showing any HDR for content that should have it.

Jump to solution

Thanks again for doing the work and remember if you talk to them again tell them you communicate with others online at the Roku board and you could say that you also communicate with people at the AVS forum even if you don’t because I do and many of us are complaining about it over there also so just tell them please avsforum.com also people are complaining

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Now I'm being told that 4K HDR content on Paramount Plus is no longer supported on Roku Ultra (4800) and Streaming Stick 4K (3820X), two of Roku's newest and most feature-rich devices.

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@randys wrote:

Thanks again for doing the work and remember if you talk to them again tell them you communicate with others online at the Roku board and you could say that you also communicate with people at the AVS forum even if you don’t because I do and many of us are complaining about it over there also so just tell them please avsforum.com also people are complaining

I correspond frequently on Home Theater Forum.

0 Kudos
cliffmeister1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Toddwrtr so on devices that support HDR. Paramount Plus will no longer support for those. 4k Streaming Stick I can possibly. Ultra though which is the alleged top tier Roku streaming device baffles my mind. I like how user friendly Roku UI is. I'm staying with Amazon going forward.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@cliffmeister1 wrote:

@Toddwrtr so on devices that support HDR. Paramount Plus will no longer support for those. 4k Streaming Stick I can possibly. Ultra though which is the alleged top tier Roku streaming device baffles my mind. I like how user friendly Roku UI is. I'm staying with Amazon going forward.

"Currently not supported" would be the more accurate phrase, as these may be supported once again in the future (I was getting HDR on them on P+ up until a few months ago). The supervisor is supposed to get back to me with a list of Roku devices where 4K HDR content on their service is supported. Paramount+'s website (and his notes) simply state "selected Roku devices," a completely vague description.

The Streaming Stick 4K was just released last October, so that is also a head scratcher. 

bohratom
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Toddwrtr wrote:

Now I'm being told that 4K HDR content on Paramount+ is no longer supported on Roku Ultra (4800) and Streaming Stick 4K (3820X), two of Roku's newest and most feature-rich devices.

What Utter Bull, I have a brand new 2021 TCL ROKU 4K TV Model 43S435 which is the current one being sold and I also no LONGER have 4k HDR from Paramount+ which had worked for months before. I mean how on earth can someone buy the latest available model and then be told that Paramount+ 4K HDR no longer works with the latest Rokus TV's. Roku and Paramount+ need to resolve this issue ASAP.... 

Till the HDR issue is resolved, can anyone clarify if the Paramount+ 4K HDR still plays in 4K SDR for the Roku, I've tried monitoring my Internet bandwidth and I'm not certain if Paramount+ 4K HDR plays in 4K SDR or 1080p SDR. Wish ROKU had an easy way to see the current resolution of a stream. 

randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I will be amazed if they say it will work with a cheaper or lesser Roku model.  That will just infuriate me.

Brushwolf5

Jump to solution

I subscribed to paramount plus on the apple tv app with Roku ultra and Dolby vision and Atmos worked great it's been  months ago tried the actual  paramount+ app and no Dolby vision/Atmos strange it works when subscribe on apple tv  app 

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So, after speaking with supervisor Thierry for over an hour yesterday, who then promised to send me a list of compatible Roku devices that are supported for 4K HDR playback on Paramount+ (let's face it - "select Roku devices" is way too vague), here was his response several hours later:

Dear Todd,

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

If you’re a Premium subscriber, you can watch shows in 4K, Dolby Vision or HDR10 video formats on Roku devices that enable the aforementioned features however please note that not all titles on Paramount+ support 4K, Dolby Vision and HDR10. In order to enable these features on your Roku device, please see the steps below. 

1. On your Roku remote, press the Home button five times, then press rewind, down, fast forward, down, rewind.

2. Select Change HDR Mode.

3. Select Enable HDR.

If you are still in need of our assistance, feel free to call us at (888) 274-5343, 7 days a week, from 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. (ET) with any questions. Our support team will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Thierry
Paramount+ Customer Support

What a complete jerk! Those are instructions for turning HDR on and off on a ROKU TV, which I reminded him repeatedly that I do not have, and even provided the Roku name and actual model number of the two devices I own (the current Ultra and Streaming Stick 4K). And they wonder why they have such a high churn rate...

bohratom
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Seems 4K HDR still not working for ANY 4K Roku devices + TV's  (Did work a month or 2 back) so one issue I am not clear about is if they still play in 4K NO HDR or do the default down to 1080p SDR?

I've tried monitoring my bandwidth to see if the content is 4K or 1080p but still not sure, anyone know?

Thanks