Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsauls

Paramount Plus Cannot Play Anything

Jump to solution

I recently subscribed to Paramount + and tried to stream May Day Air Disasters but it comes on briefly, then said it was unable to play and to try again later.

So I picked another title, and the same thing happened.  I cannot stream any content on Paramount + so I cancelled my subscription the same day even though I'd like to keep it. 

I cannot stream any content period.  I went through the steps of troubleshooting all to no avail. I tried to reach Roku but they do not have customer service for this type of issue which is very sad.  I am thinking it is probably time to switch steaming devices because it is important to me to be able to chat and not read tons of articles on a community forum board to find out how to fix.

What can I do about this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus Cannot Play Anything

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this is where most companies are headed when it comes to tech support, and if they do have some form of phone support, it is usually nothing more than a call center that is set up to do nothing more than take messages from customers to pass on to their e-mail only tech support team, usually after conducting the same troubleshooting steps outlined on the FAQ webpage (and more often than not have NOTHING to do with the issue the customer is calling about).

The correct team that you should have contacted was Paramount+, as Roku does not really provide much support in the way of how a channel or app behaves. If you truly want a trouble-free Paramount+ experience, then I recommend signing up to Paramount+ through the Apple TV+ app, although they only offer the ad-free version at this time. Currently, it is the only workaround for viewing 4K HDR content from Paramount+ on a Roku device or Roku TV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this is where most companies are headed when it comes to tech support, and if they do have some form of phone support, it is usually nothing more than a call center that is set up to do nothing more than take messages from customers to pass on to their e-mail only tech support team, usually after conducting the same troubleshooting steps outlined on the FAQ webpage (and more often than not have NOTHING to do with the issue the customer is calling about).

The correct team that you should have contacted was Paramount+, as Roku does not really provide much support in the way of how a channel or app behaves. If you truly want a trouble-free Paramount+ experience, then I recommend signing up to Paramount+ through the Apple TV+ app, although they only offer the ad-free version at this time. Currently, it is the only workaround for viewing 4K HDR content from Paramount+ on a Roku device or Roku TV.

0 Kudos
jsauls

Jump to solution

I do not have a 4K TV and I usually do subscribe ad free but I didn't this time.  

I appreciate your response so I will try that work around since my subscription will run until 3/15.

What a shame that companies do not provide personal support anymore.  I did think about contacting Paramount + but since it is via the Roku device, I thought maybe there would be a solution through Roku.

I just looked at other streaming devices and will just have to see how it goes with the work around.

Thank you - June

0 Kudos