Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedUpNow
Reel Rookie

Paid apps crash back to homecscreen..free apps work fine

I am having issues streaming paid apps...2 in particular...They work on my older Roku..but I keep getting an HDCP error or the apps will just crash and go back to the home screen. I have unplugged all power to both TV and Roku just as it said to and it did not help. Any ideas what I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Disappointed9
Reel Rookie

Re: Paid apps crash back to homecscreen..free apps work fine

I don’t know what a HDCP error is but I do have the same problem. In MLB.tv, the Game Recap will play for a few seconds and the kick me back to the Home Screen. Also if you go backwards and then go forward the video freezes and the audio only plays. This is with a Express 4K+ and Version 11.5.0. 

0 Kudos
FedUpNow
Reel Rookie

@Disappointed9 wrote:

I don’t know what a HDCP error is but I do have the same problem. In MLB.tv, the Game Recap will play for a few seconds and the kick me back to the Home Screen. Also if you go backwards and then go forward the video freezes and the audio only plays. This is with a Express 4K+ and Version 11.5.0. 

I did a manual update for my system and it is working so far...I found it here:  https://support.roku.com/article/208755668 maybe it will work for you too

0 Kudos
Disappointed9
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I will give it a try

0 Kudos