Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD83
Binge Watcher

Re: Only sound and no picture

Well yall, it did it again today. Did not reaolve it either unfortunately.  Ughhhh back to square one with chat people.  

0 Kudos
Jrp022449

Rocu model 3820x with long range wireless receiver model wr002.

Have rebooted router, rocu and unplugged-reconnected everything. 2 other tvs on this same router with rocu work perfectly. Only problem with this TV.  Picture onbthis TV is good until I click on a program. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jrp022449 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JD83
Binge Watcher

I finally tried to switch out the 2 rokus i have. The 4k that was on the TV in my living roo, with issues is now in my bedroom and working fine. The other roku from my bedroom, that is now on the TV that I had issues with is STILL having issues. Leading me to believe its something with my Vizio TV. And NOT the roku itself. I have 2 other HDMI ports. So i figured id try the main one. I then switched my input on the TV to "cable box" and walah now its working! Im nit sure if permanent fix or temp. But i suggest others try this as well. See what happens. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @JD83 

Good day!

We are glad that you were able to resolve your issue. In case the issue resurfaced, please let us know so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
westner
Roku Guru

@westner wrote:

I had a similar problem a while ago with my TCL-Roku TV - sound but no picture. I don't know if it will work for Roku devices that attach to TV's.

• unplug the power chord to the TV
  • press and hold the ON/OFF switch on the TV for 15-20 seconds
  • plug in the TV power chord
  • turn the TV on using the remote

Apparently there is a buildup of static electricity somewhere in the circuit. Pressing the ON/OFF switch, while not connected to power, drains this static and returns things back to normal.

It worked for me and I hope it will work for you. 

Has anyone tried this on their Roku TV? As I said, the method WORKS, but I didn't see any posts about someone's experience with it. It really isn't that complicated.

0 Kudos
Brgreene49

For whatever it’s worth, this just happened with my mother in laws television. To get it to work, I went to settings, display type and then set it back to 720p. Once we did that, it immediately started working. It sounds like everybody with a stick who has an issue has the express stick 4K, which leads me to believe it’s something when trying to display higher quality video than the tv allows. I’ll update if she mentions it going black again but worked from that update.