Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beast93

Re: Only sound and no picture

I’m having the same issues with the Onn. (Walmart) brand Roku tv. Yesterday everything was fine. Woke up today and nothing except sound and home menu. Have tried the resolutions with no resolve. Very frustrating. Have had other issues with this tv (purchased 1 year ago) those were resolved. This isn’t fixing. 

0 Kudos
Gurnz
Reel Rookie

After disabling the AD Blocker on my router, my channels began to work again. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Beast93,

Thanks for your post. 

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience. If you are still having any issues with your Roku TV after following the provided steps, please contact your TV manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact them here: Onn Support

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
JD83
Binge Watcher

Doesnt work for me. I do NOT have a roku tv just the 4k streaming stick. Would love either an answer or a replacement.  But seems no one wants to do anything about this. Only answering a few of us on this thread. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@JD83

Thanks for your post. 

Have you tried to check all the most common reasons why you cannot see the picture on your TV, this can be found on our support page. Make sure to follow the list provided and see if it resolves the issue. 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps but the problem persists, please do not hesitate to contact us back. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device. It is printed on the bottom or back of the device. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Gurnz
Reel Rookie

When I was using the stick, I had to unblock it on my routers firewall.

0 Kudos
CaseyStanley422
Reel Rookie

Rebooted everything and even did a factory reset. Every app does the same. The options are visible but when I press play only sounds no picture. 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @CaseyStanley422

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Does this issue happen on a certain channel or does it occur on all channels?
3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
4. Are you using a Roku player or Roku TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
KrissyB
Reel Rookie

We are having the exact same issue as others in this thread: Roku home screen is fine but when going to apps (including Roku Channel itself) we get audio but no video.  This is on a brand-new installation of a Roku Express on an older TV.  The odd thing is, two days ago we successfully installed a Roku Express on an identical older TV, and it works like a champ.  I have tried all the approaches listed in this thread, including total system reset and 15 minutes completely without power-on, & nothing has worked.  Please advise if we should try additional approaches, or return this particular Roku Express as a “lemon”?

JD83
Binge Watcher

Sadly, I don't feel that any of us are going to get anywhere with customer service. We have reaponded explained the details and nothing else has been done. As yourself, I also have 2 rokus. One is the 4k. The other is a regular one and it works great.  Its this 4k stick that isn't working. Here I am minths later explained everything,  tried every suggestion and nothing more to resolve this. And yep, you guessed it it's still an everyday occurrence.