Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mojonexus

Re: Only sound and no picture

Same issue here as well.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @mojonexus@BBScout@Joecon

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black but can still hear the audio, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes and then plugging the Roku TV back in resolves the issue.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Regards,
Karla

user1369
Reel Rookie

@RokuKarla what should the people who are having issues with their Roku device and not a Roku tv?  It appears this is a system wide Roku issue. Not specific to Roku TV. My issue is with my Roku Ultra.

mojonexus

Thanks! We tried that and it appeared to work briefly and then same symptoms. 😞

Its_me_again
Reel Rookie

Is there a support number we can call? You just keep repeating the same solution that does not work. 

trink56
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku Folks:

We admit to initially being a bit perturbed at Karla's reply because we had already done the unplugging thing last night and it did not work. Well, apologies to Karla because we did it again just now and, this time, it worked!  Not even sure why we had the intestinal fortitude to repeat the procedure, but for some reason, we took a shot 🙂   Anyway, even if you tried it earlier in this event (and it does seem to us that there has been an broad systemic event of some type), we suggest you unplug for 15 mins. We have a few roku devices, all had the same issue, fix worked for all. Have great weekends!/J&K

JD83
Binge Watcher

Yes that fixes it only for the time being. This is an everyday thing. Every time its turned on. 

steve188
Reel Rookie

Thank you, everyone for your kind assistance in this matter.  Although I tried rebooting the Roku device in the past, this time I followed your suggestion and left it unplugged for approx 15 minutes.  I can now view Paramount+.  As I said, I am grateful for your input.  However, I am mindful of the information posted by several people who indicate that this is only a temporary fix and the problem will recur.  But for the time being, we are very happy.

Once again, thank you.

MarkVT
Reel Rookie

I can sadly report that this issue is now happening to my TV at home too in addition to one out of 27 Roku TVs at my hotel so far. Unplugging the device for 5-10 minutes fixes the issue (for now). It’s obviously some kind of software glitch and Roku needs to fix this.

0 Kudos

Re: Only sound and no picture TCL Roku TV

Having the same issue

0 Kudos