Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD83
Binge Watcher

Re: Only sound and no picture

Roku 4k streaming stick

Model # 3820x

Serial # x01700eax7dy

software version 11.5.0

Build 4235-cu

The id it gave after pushing home and back button 5x's is dy496382

This doesnt occur on any specific channel. Everything looks normal every day that i turn it on. I go to pick a channel. Again, doesnt matter which one. But when i pick ANY channel and then go to watch something i can hear sound but no picture. I have to physically unolug the roku for a moment and then plug it in. Then it works fine. Sometimes i can unplug and plug in and it picks up the channel inwas on and works fine. Other times i have to restart from home screen. This is everyday. I havent even had the roku for a year yet. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JD83

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Candy4471
Channel Surfer

I am having the same problem with a brand new Roku express. Works fine until i select a show to watch and the screen is just black with sound.  Doesn’t matter which channel, none of the playback shows up. 

Roku Express - model 3960X

serial number - X02600LM55U8

software - 11.5.0

device ID - S0KC32AM55U8

Rockinn

Same issue as everyone else is stating. It looks fine when you’re in an app like Netflix or Hulu then you select something to watch and there is only sound and no picture. This is a new Roku only 3 weeks old! Our previous Roku was fine (we moved it to another TV) Roku needs to fix this problem it seems like it’s the unit. Unplugging and plugging back in everyday isn’t a solution. 

JD83
Binge Watcher

I really thought I was the only one.  Hopefully they'll do something about this. Mine is new as well,   It was fine at first, then all of a sudden this nonsense.  It is everyday occurrence and annoying.  

There is obviously a problem with Roku. I am having exactly the same issues and I have used my unit exactly twice before. Roku please tell us how to fix this since there are too many of us having this issue for to be anything but the product. Do I need to return my unit?

MarkVT
Reel Rookie

I’m getting this exact same issue in (so far) one of the 24 TCL Roku TVs purchased for my hotel a few weeks ago. The picture is working fine until I start streaming (whatever the source), when I get only audio and the screen remains black. Obviously this is some kind of firmware issue. It’s probably not a coincidence that this is happening to tons of users all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
kimmi2

Sound and no picture not sure where to find numbers at on my box the SKU number is 393 or but having a sound but no picture

0 Kudos
JD83
Binge Watcher

Any update,  Danny?

0 Kudos

My tv isn't working at all it makes noise but showing a black screen 

0 Kudos