Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ragnar628

Re: Only sound and no picture

Model 43S431
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ragnar628,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
4. Are you using a Roku player or Roku TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Hey did you ever get this fixed ? Having the same issue 

0 Kudos
JD83
Binge Watcher

I just had this same issue. It started abiut 2wks ago. 4k stick has always worked fine.  When i turn on the TV everything looks good until i choose to watch something. You can gear but not see anything.  I have to physically unplug the stick everyday. And then it works fine.  Very frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
DaveL71

I have had the same issue. It is not the tv, as my other rokus work on the same tv. I believe the issue is with the roku itself. I chatted with support, they told me i would get an email from a higher level of sopport weeks ago. I have heard nothing! I own 6 roku devices. Why do they refuse to help me with this issue? 😒 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DaveL71,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3.  Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JD83
Binge Watcher

Mary. Not sure if youre asking me or not. But its no certain Channel. Incan see everything fine until i choose to play something. Weither youtube video, kids channel, or hulu... it doesnt matter. It started a month ago for me. I havent even had the 4k streaming stik for a year yet. Once i unplug it from the back of the tv and plug it in it comes on.  It's always the initial start up each day

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JD83,

Thanks for following up.

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku device unable to access any channel but can still hear the audio, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
GeoChan

Roku model 3930X Roku Express

serial number X 00400K6L4H

software version 11.5.0 build 4235 AE

DEVICE ID S008301K6L4H

IP address 192.168.88.242

wireless address 8C;49;62;36;4C;34

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@GeoChan

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Does this issue happen on a certain channel or does it occur on all channels? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Lastly, can you provide a tracker ID when the issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos