Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[OS 11.5] Update 11.5 Build 4235-46 sound issues with AVR

Most recent update 11.5 Build 4235 is causing sound issues through my receiver. When streaming, audio gets slowly desynced with images onscreen and progressively gets worse. Also, randomly there are weird glitchy robotic sounds that happen when streaming. So far, I have noticed these issues on HBO MAX and Peacock. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Update 11.5 Build 4235-46 sound issues

@stingray2221

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model AVR you are using
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ataub2997
Reel Rookie

I too am having the same sound issues. My Roku is model 4200X, serial number 1GN395164317, same software build. I noticed the issue this weekend.  I am using a Sony AVR STR-DA6400ES. All channels, Netflix, Amazon, HBO all have issues decoding surround sound. They work if it is stereo. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Update 11.5 Build 4235-46 sound issues with AVR

@ataub2997

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information that I have requested in my previous post above?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: [OS 11.5] sound issues with AVR

Danny - same with me. Roku Ultra. Software 11.5.0 Build 4235. 

goes from Roku to Yamaha RX-A770 to Sony Bravia. Drop out only occurs when using the Yamaha, not with just the TV speakers.

0 Kudos
DanPT
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X

11.5.0 build 4235-50

Dropouts still occurring on YTTV.

Roku is connected to a Samsung TV which passes thru to a Yamaha receiver.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Golfingdawg @DanPT

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-brand and model AVR you are using
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanPT
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R I sent you a private message with the requested info.  

Thank you for looking into this!

0 Kudos
Joru
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Since the 11.5 update my Roku ultra (4800 series) has been making my sound bar do weird things. Sometimes when I use my remote for my sound bar to turn down the volume it will pause the show I’m watching. And sometimes the sound will just stop working altogether and I have to turn my sound bar off and on to get the sound back. How do I fix it? 

0 Kudos
ataub2997
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Update 11.5 Build 4235-46 sound issues with AVR

any update on a fix for this?

0 Kudos