Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shabl
Channel Surfer

Re: Video Freezes But Audio Keeps Playing

We have the exact same problem with a newly bought Roku Ultra 4k device. After a fast forward or rewind, on many of the apps including Netflix, YouTube, and others, the video freezes, but the audio and subtitles progress. The only way to fix is to restart the device. It might be a bug causing out of memory issue. This should be easy to reproduce.

Besides this, we get occasional HDMI/HDCP errors, but only on Amazon Prime App (again need to restart to fix). 

I hope the Roku team can provide an acknowledgment of the issue, and a timeline to fix. This has made the device unusable at times and if not fixed, I'd have to return it and find an alternative streaming device.

0 Kudos
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

Here is the info for my 3 Roku Express 4K devices. Some info is common to all three and that will be provided once and then followed by the unique device info.

Common Info across all 3 devices

Device Model - 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Software OS/Version - 11.5.0 Build 4235-CR

Unique Info for each device

Serial Number - X016005X2DYY

Device ID - 507P41CX2DYY

Serial Number - X016000377DS

Device ID - S07P21D377DS

Serial Number - X0160071KWEU

Device ID - S07P2221KWEU

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Snakeoil,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MattSF
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercials

Same problem here. Tried it all.  I’ll give it a few days, then return. Bought the Ultra LT to upgrade the Express or whatever they call it, because that one was acting up. Now this one. Was fierce Roku supporter. But no more. I’d rather have Xfinity than this. 

Coltata
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F @RokuDanny-R 

Unfortunately I am having the issue again.

Tomorrow is CyberMonday and fortunately there are other viable options out there.  I haven’t seen a meaningful update but wanted to see if you had anything before I move on.

0 Kudos
MattSF
Reel Rookie

I unplugged the device from power and HDMI and just left it there for a day. Since reconnecting it’s working fine. BUT, I only used it a little bit. We’ll see once I use it for a couple hours. 

0 Kudos
Coltata
Channel Surfer

I ordered a Fire TV Stick 4K and it should arrive by the end of the week.

Now its a race.....will Roku support fix this before the Fire TV Stick arrives?  Pretty sure I know the answer based on the lack of support thus far but we shall see!

0 Kudos
Coltata
Channel Surfer

@MattSF 

Thanks for the update. 

As soon as my Fire TV Stick arrives, I will unplug the defective Roku from HDMI, send it back to Amazon and let it sit there......I bet that will fix my problem too!!! 

0 Kudos
MattSF
Reel Rookie

I’ve found all my issues are with NBC owned channels. Was watching Law and Order NBC . Locked. Watched USA Network locked.  Watched Fox, CBS etc. no problems. I have GoogleTV as my provider. 

just an observation 

0 Kudos
shabl
Channel Surfer

@MattSF , for me it's randomly happening on all channels, including YouTube, Prime Video, HBO Max, but only after rewind or FF.

0 Kudos