Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Video Freezes But Audio Keeps Playing

@Coltata

Thanks for the post.

It doesn't look like you've provided the requested information in this thread. With more detailed information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

At this current time, I have no updates to provide but rest assured, once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Binge Watcher

Re: picture freezes when forwarding recording

I have this problem also and it's NOT just with the Spectrum App, it also happens with MANY OTHER APPS.

Stopping and exiting the App then re-entering will result with the same problem.  Fast Forwarding usually recreates the issue as well.

I have found that a quick fix is to remove power from the Roku and powering it back up (unfortunately this problem occurs almost daily).  I know I do have at least ONE Roku that I have NOT seen this issue occur.

I would be interested in being part of a Beta FW update program or even allow me to rollback to a previous FW.

Also it would be nice if Roku had an Email App.....

Thanks

0 Kudos
Binge Watcher

Re: picture freezes when forwarding recording

YES this issue does occur on other apps.

Using the menu to restart the Roku does NOT seem to correct the issue.....removing physical power seems to be the only workaround.....

Coltata
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Thank you for the response. My information is below.

NOTE: Up until some point yesterday, this issue occurred EVERY time I tried to advance a video. Currently I am not having an issue for the first time since I owned the device I believe. Was there something that changed on your end?

Roku device model: 3820x - Streaming Stick 4K
serial number: X01700L81YL1
device ID: S08442481YL1
software OS/version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-CU
does this issue occur on a specific channel? Yes, The two channels I watch are Fubo and HBO Max
if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel: Fubo (version 4.8 build 2500) and HBO Max (version 52.50 build 20)
steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: Use the remote to fast forward / advance a video.  Press Play and the video freezes while the audio continue to play. This would freeze EVERY time requiring me to exit and restart the video at the point where I was previously trying to advance.

0 Kudos
Snakeoil
Roku Guru

This is happening to me as well on all 3 of my Express 4K units. They are only a couple of months old so not related to software updates, unless they updated during the set-up process. I use Roku to access the Spectrum app and it happens on all channels. If I switch to another channel, the problem clears and I can go back to the channel I was watching. Does not seem related to WiFi strength as one of the units sits right next to my router. 

I did not read every reply here as there are 17 pages. But it appears that the problem is with the Express 4K. I need to go back and see if the standard Express units have exhibited the problem. If not, then these are going back and I'll get the Express units or maybe consider a different brand entirely.

I also found it very disappointing that for customer with 3 brand new units, there is no agent support. It would appear that Roku is not interested in customer service. Another reason to change brands.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Snakeoil,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Could you please verify if you getting any error messages/codes when you are trying to access your Roku device? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

I too am having this issue. 

when I try to skip an intro or recap, it will freeze the screen and the audio continues to play. 

sometimes it cuts out and says no signal, seemingly spontaneously. 

I wonder if it has to do with all the dust around my tv, I should have cleaned before setting up the roku. Maybe the roku on sale from amazon was defective.  

0 Kudos
tomdebbie1
Reel Rookie

@SnakeoilUnfortunately it's not limited to only the Express 4K.  We have the Ultra unit and it's been happening to us as well.  It appears it has everything to do with Roku's last update which they have not acknowledged that I'm aware of but rather give everyone the same blanket response.  Disappointing that they don't issue a statement to their customers.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Coltata

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Coltata
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I see that message posted by you multiple times in this thread and other similar threads.  Have the individuals you have passed this along to been able to duplicate the issue.....are they working on a fix?  In general, what is that status and when should we expect to hear more?

0 Kudos