Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tywhiskey
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Roku Streaming stick 4k has sound, but no picture

Software Version: 11.5.0  Build: 4235  Last Update: 10/26/22 2:46 PM

Since recent update, my Streaming Stick 4K+ has continued to give us a black screen with audio when I select any streaming or live channel. Both the Stick and Charger are seated in USB ports on our TV.

Steps to resolve, after determining all channels were affected.:

Unplugged  Stick and Charger, waited 30  seconds, reconnected, No Change.

Rebooted T-Mobile Gateway. No Change.

Reconnected Wireless Network. No Change.

Restarted Roku Stick from Settings. Back to Normal. This worked.

However, after we shutdown Roku, then go back in later to watch, I have to perform the  Restart each time to get the video back.

My first day in the Community, and first post. Not particularly impressed with lack of human contact by phone; Chat? When it works. Roku's response to this issue and transparency, will determine if we remain customers. As a Cisco trained guy, I can tell you that quick, surgical, and effective response is required to provide the level of customer service required to be a "real player" in this market.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra has sound, but no picture

Hi @tywhiskey,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Can you please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
graycap93

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Streaming stick 4k has sound, but no picture

I have the same problem (ticket 6422257). It started happening 9 days ago. However, restarting from settings does NOT resolve the problem. I have an IT background too. Roku needs to get their support act together.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@graycap93

Thanks for the post.

If you are already in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with the moving forward as they would best be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Netwrkwoman
Reel Rookie

Same problem here..here is the contents of the h9me button and back arrow. 

Model: 4660RW - Roku Ultra

Serial Y J00CS738302 (CS489C738302)

Software. Version : 11.5.0 build 4312-46

Timestamp you know

issue ID 02-489-464

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Netwrkwoman

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Does this issue happen on a specific channel? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos