Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saffyre9

[OS 11.5] Roku Streaming Stick connection and streaming issues

I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been losing my mind over these streaming issues for 3 weeks, not realizing there had been a recent update. I installed a network monitoring tool tonight and within minutes it identified that the Roku connection was repeatedly timing out, and coinciding with streaming issues.

@RokuKariza-D @RokuDanny-R Here are the details you've requested:

1. Roku device model: 3810CA - Roku Streaming Stick+
    Serial number: YH00CS55164
    Device ID: 26506C551164
    Software OS/version: 11.5.0 build 4235-50
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? 
    Netflix: Version 5.0 build 98079437
    Plex: Verson 7.0 build 19
  3. Tracker ID: 64-475-286
  4. Steps to reproduce: Turn on TV. Switch HDMI to Roku. Select a channel. Watch media. At some point it will start buffering, or straight up freeze (Plex sometimes freezes, sometimes has messages such as "playback error", Netflix doesn't usually say anything it just freezes). This coincides with the ping timeouts in my network monitoring tool.

You can also see a ping report for my Roku here since setting up the network monitoring tool barely an hour ago.

I should add that this is the only device on my network that has ping timeouts occuring, so this is not a network issue. And this has only started occuring in the last 3 weeks, and my Roku was last updated on 11/2/2022.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Streaming Stick connection and streaming issues

@saffyre9

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos