Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus72
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku 11.5 broke Play on Roku video playback

Jump to solution

Tubio is now working again on Rokus. Thanks to the developer for figuring it out and having the casting app go through its own app on Rokus, similar to what VWC does.

0 Kudos
lylejk
Streaming Star

Re: Cast Issue - Play on Roku

Jump to solution

I agree; the old way was, in many ways superior (integrated with all browsers, allowed you to re-play video if you so desired after the video ended, etc.).  Regardless, this stand-a-lone browser (web castor) does work; been using it for several months now.  A bit clunky, but still works and am grateful that at least I still can cast vids to it.  It even allows you to cast directly from youtube which the old method does not (work-around was to to find the mp4 direct link; used 3rd party browser apps to do that when I was using Rokucast).   Just wish they would come up with a plugin which you can then push vids via browser of choice.   🙂

bluecobold
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh yea, I'd even pay a few bucks for a WVC Chrome plugin.

0 Kudos
casolorz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bluecobold I don't think anyone is going to invest much time or money into a Chrome plugin/extension given how the requirements and limitations of extensions on Chrome change frequently and with little regard for the community. 

0 Kudos
bluecobold
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@casolorz That's why the move by Roku to block the API is a shame. The open source community (me included - I tried to fix the plugin by reverse-engineering the newer API calls from other apps which only lead me to a permanent black screen instead of the back-to-home-flip of late) could and does provide such things frequently as soon as someone needs it for personal use. Now, that gate is closed.

0 Kudos