Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcm00re
Roku Guru

Re: new Roku Ultra LT with lots HDCP errors

Thanks for the update, but it will be moot for me come this weekend as I am going to just return the device (before my January 31st deadline).  I even moved my Roku Ultra LT so it was powered from different wall outlet with a different surge suppressor, and I still see the problem.  This last time I was just casting YouTube from my phone to the Roku.  It is EXTREMELY sad and disappointing that this new Roku Ultra LT model performs so much worse than my 6+ year old Roku Premiere 4620 model!  With Roku putting out such sub-par products now, I am seriously considering migrating away from Roku to other devices.

0 Kudos
Jdspeirs
Reel Rookie

I agree with everything you said. I may change to a different device too. Very unhappy. 

bcm00re
Roku Guru

Just to circle back on this to complete my story, I did indeed return my new Roku Ultra LT.  I have been using my 6 year old Roku Premiere 4620 model in its place, and (as expected) it is clearly working better.  It is truly baffling just how bad Roku's almost-top-of-the-line Ultra LT product is (and it is equally bad that Roku doesn't seem to really care)!  It has definitely soured me on Roku.

0 Kudos
Jdspeirs
Reel Rookie

I would like to return mine but it’s past the month so can’t. I always recommended Roku but no more. I guess I’ll get a fire stick

0 Kudos
davidcasper1
Channel Surfer

I am having HDCP errors now on my Roku Premiere making it unusable. Bad software/firmware after it worked for a couple of years. My solution was to buy a Firestick. Roku used to be innovative but now they seem lost in space. 

0 Kudos
bcm00re
Roku Guru

@davidcasper1 

What model is that Premiere?  And/or is it a bigger square-ish device or a smaller rectangle-ish like the Express units?  What software version is it on?  Is it connected to 4K TV or just a regular HD one when you get the HDCP errors?  Thanks...

0 Kudos
davidcasper1
Channel Surfer

Here is a link to info on  Roku Premiere:     https://www.roku.com/products/roku-premiere

It fails on 11l.5 and 10.5.  (I am guessing it will run on 9.5).  I am plugging it into the HDMI input on my HP 32 AIO computer.  Yes it is 4k.  Hope that helps

0 Kudos
bcm00re
Roku Guru

@davidcasper1 

I have one of those newer Premiere units too (it's a 3920).  I have been using it on a 4K Hisense TV for a couple years or so.  So far, I don't recall any HDCP issues.  If you are trying to run the Roku's output into a computer then I could see HDCP kicking in because it probably thinks you could be trying to record the content.  The issue I was having with my Ultra LT was completely different as it was just connected directly to a 4K Vizio TV.  I would get momentary HDCP errors several times a night when trying to watch television.  Using all the same connections, I didn't have this problem with my 4620 Premiere unit either before or after I tried the Ultra LT.  Hence why I returned the new Ultra LT because it performed worse than my 6 year old Premiere.

0 Kudos
davidcasper1
Channel Surfer

Your speculation seems far fetched and I suspect is based on not knowing the topology off the HP unit where the HDMI input functions when the computer's CPU is shut down and powered off. As I said my fire stick works fine to replace the Roku. 

0 Kudos
Bryan_Andre
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP errors on device

I have HDCP error 20 only when streaming MagellanTV. I do not experience this issue with YouTube, Pandora, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.

1. Roku Express 4K+
  2. Model:  3941x
  3. Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-CR
  4. Vizio e320i-b2
  5. MagellanTV:  version 5.5 build 9
  6. Tracker ID:  XC-068-515
  7. The error only occurs once I begin to watch any program on MagellanTV after about 15 seconds. Searching through the site never causes an issue.
  8. I was not. However, I only started using MagellanTV on 02/13/2023.

I have tried setting the display to auto (1080p) and 720p to match the TV HDMI specs. I have display auto refresh rate OFF.

0 Kudos