Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP error 20 after update

@Abused

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bcm00re
Roku Guru

new Roku Ultra LT with lots HDCP errors

I recently purchased an Ultra LT 4801RW, but I am seeing a lot of HDCP errors -- that are only momentary -- that I didn't see before with my Premiere 4620 (that had the exact same connections to the exact same television).  The television is a 4K Vizio M-series that was purchased about 1.5 years ago.  The Ultra LT is on 11.5.0 build 4312-DE.  I noticed it a lot this past weekend often times when my heat-pump kicks on; the screen goes black for a bit then I get the HDCP error for a few seconds then the picture comes back -- and all during this time I still get audio.  I was watching Disney+ (which does have a lot of 4k content) when we kept seeing the problem.  After getting it a few times during a short period, I switched back to the Premiere for a bit and didn't see the issue -- but it was running through my AVR and therefore only doing 1080 instead of 4k.  My Premiere was previously doing 4k, but I am now using those connections for my Ultra LT.  Could it be my Ultra LT or its power supply be defective?

0 Kudos
daner_9

Re: [BUG] HDCP error on non protected content

Having the same HDCP issue trying to direct play 4k content only in the Plex app on my older 1080p TVs. Happens on two new Roku Ultra 4802X units. I do not have this issue at all on my Roku Ultra 4670X on same TVs.

I have been able to work around the issue by putting a HDMI splitter I had laying around inline. Not ideal.

Device: Roku Ultra 4802X
SN: X010009PVG26
Device ID: S0DA227PVG26
Tracker ID: 26-498-532

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [BUG] HDCP error on non protected content

@daner_9

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: new Roku Ultra LT with lots HDCP errors

@bcm00re

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

Roku Team (Danny and whoever),

There is obviously something seriously wrong with all Roku devices, be it software updates or something else. Please do not keep asking people to give you information regarding their device because nothing is being done about it. Would someone please just address everyone with what Roku plans to do to rectify this situation. Customers deserve better than what you have given us.

bcm00re
Roku Guru

Roku device model: 4801RW

serial number: X010003TW9N2

device ID: S0DD326TW9N2

software OS/version: 11.5.0 - build 4312-DE

I have noticed it with Disney+ (Version 1.26 - build 2022120800), ESPN (Version 4.6 - build 2022111000), Spotify (Version 2.10 - build 21) , and SiriusXM (Version 3.3 - build 73). 

I have not done the tracker ID thing yet.

There aren't really any steps other than watching/listening to the channel and waiting for my HVAC system (i.e. - heat pump) to kick on.  As I said before, I do not see the issue when using my older Premiere (model 4620) unit using all the same connections.  I also have several other Rokus (a couple 3941s and a 3920) connected to other TVs in my home that don't see this problem.  Could it be my new Roku Ultra LT is defective -- or has a defective power supply?

0 Kudos
Vodi1
Channel Surfer

I only get HDCP errors when I block the CEC wire (13).   I have to do that or my SmartTV (LG) won't transmit any sound over ARC to my AVR (anthem).

I like the ROKU interface better, but I guess I am going to give up on it on any modern TV.

bcm00re
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R 

So I provided the information that you requested, and yet I get no response.  I am very close to just returning my new Roku Ultra LT because it appears defective.  I used a DMM (with recording ability) to monitor the voltage (on the same power strip the Roku is plugged into) and I see only a very minor fluctuation in voltage when my HVAC kicks on and I get the HDCP error.  That explains why none of my other devices are having any issues which makes sense because they are all plugged into a Tripplite Line Conditioner.  So it seems either my Roku's power supply is defective, the Ultra LT unit itself if defective, or Roku's software is defective.  If I don't hear anything back very soon I will take that as Roku doesn't care about their customers -- even ones that have a lot of Roku devices like me -- and I will just return this latest Roku purchase and start looking into alternative devices.  I will not support a company that sells defective products and refuses to stand behind them!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bcm00re

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos