Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pielswheels
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] HDCP errors on device

Ordered a Roku 4K Stick, hoping the other Roku I bought was problematic. Unfortunately, the stick did not work. Sorry, folks, not waiting around for them to fix these issues. Just bought a fire stick. Wish the Roku support was actually supportive

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP error on non- HDCP compatible TV

@asarcar

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you, but need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheIdiot
Reel Rookie

ROKU, 

Guys this is happening to me also, only since latest 11.5.0 4235-50 update, 

This is a definite software issue.

Workaround seems to be to manually select the display type every time after power up. 

I only have older Samsung hdmi TV, so tend to use 1080 or 720. Both will work providing I reselect each time I boot, Despite menu showing this already selected. Could it be reverting to auto or 4k in background as manual selection each boot fixes error. If I forget I see the error again. All channels seem to get this not just Netflix or Disney etc 

Please fix asap 🙏

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TheIdiot

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that I have requested in my previous post above?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bondmovie

Re: black screen HDCP Error issues on three devices

We have three (different) roku devices in our home. All three of them get the black screen Hdcp error message. Some more often than others. One device gets it several times a day, usually it goes away quickly on its own. One nearly every time it is turned on, usually if you push a channel button it goes away. The last one it happens once or twice a week. All three have had the step by step “unplug everything” treatment several times. Any suggestions before we switch streaming devices?

0 Kudos
TheIdiot
Reel Rookie

Hi

The issue is every boot, when I don't manually set the display type, only since last update. Roku is direct to TV with power adapter.

Multiple channels, Netflix, Disney plus, Sky News.

Once I set the display type the issue doesn't reoccur until I power off and back on.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Model: 3810EU - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial number: YH005C903163
Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-50
Timestamp: 2022-11-15T23:15:51Z

DISNEY
issue ID 63-459-315

Timestamp: 2022-11-17T18:24:48Z
issue ID 63-461-904OKU

Timestamp: 2022-11-14T17:53:46Z
issue ID 63-457-553

STAR WARS OBI-WAN KENOBI

DISNEY+

TV off

Channels

samsung le40c580j1k

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TheIdiot

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Got this error message over and over again. Impossible to fix. Finally got rid of it and replaced it with older Express which was working fine in the first place. Not sure why I thought 4K would be better. If the Express stops working, I will revert to an antenna with digital broadcasts...

0 Kudos
Jdspeirs
Reel Rookie

I keep having this problem with new Roku stick. I’ve had it 6 weeks. I’ve worked with support fir a month. I have a Sony tv. New Roku works for a couple days then I get the black screen. If a reset with Roku I’d be ok but now I can’t get out of it at all. I’ve done all the replugging etc. I don’t know what hdmi to change. I’m using the stick. Why us it only this Roku. My others worked fine. Don’t know what else to try. 

0 Kudos
Abused
Reel Rookie

HDCP error 20 after update

I have a 4660X Roku Ultra. It was just forced to update to 11.5.0 build 4235-46.  While we had HDCP errors in the past, they went away after we turned off auto adjust display refresh rate.  No HDCP errors for many many months.

Well, as soon as we got the download, we started getting the code 20 HDCP error.

Don't you people at ROKU test at all?  We don't have a 4k TV, we don't have fast enough internet for 4k where I live. 

Please don't give me **bleep** about changing cables.  I tried all that during the first round of HDCP errors, spent money on replacement cables to no avail.  Powering the TV off and on used to help, rebooting the ROKU does not help.   You are aware of the problems this is causing, why are you allowing the rollout to continue? 

At this point, my ROKU is a brick, all I can watch is youtube (not youtube TV) from the channels I've tried. 

Admit you have a problem and roll back the ROKU update until it is fixed. 

0 Kudos