Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen and video freeze

@RickyZ

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us with your device information that you are experiencing these channel playback issues so we can investigate the issue further:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RickyZ
Binge Watcher

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial #: X01600YC0YN8

Device ID: SOAH21AC0YN8

Software version: 11.5.0 | build 4206-CR

Tracker ID: There is no way to get this with the instructions given. As far as I can tell, pressing the Home button five times does nothing but go to the Home screen the first time, with audible tones telling you you're already Home the other four pushes. Also, if that is supposed to work somehow, which "back" button?  The rocker button to the left of the center OK button, or the button to the left of the Play/Pause button?  

Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

YES! And the picture freezes (everywhere) and the audio keeps playing. 😡

Model 3941X Roku express 4k+

Serial X0160004R6D1

Software Version 11.5.0 • build 4225-CR

DEVICE ID S07P21D4R6D1 

It start about 3 days ago ..? I think. It first happened trying to watch a Netflix movie, backed out went back in same, went to another channel paramount plus or plex ? And the picture started freezing while audio keeps going. It became more frequent. Even now in live. I tried the usual gamet of fixes and no change. Today it is every I choose within first few minutes of play. Pretty difficult to use the device. I also switched the HDMI cable from my old plain EXPRESS and did not effect it. I was going to do warranty claim next.

Please FIX asap 

Added: I use YouTube mostly. It usable for audio music playing. Lol 

Right now a news video on YouTube is working fine.

But the picture music playing in video is freezing still. 

DW chanell freezes after ff or pause when resuming play.

Roku live is working fine.

Netflix displayed Hdcp error last night wouldn't play at all. Now it is working properly seems. 

Also, paramount+ black screen with audio still playing. 

0 Kudos
holemania
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Video freezes after the latest OS update

I am having the same "video freezing" issue.

have noticed issue on paramount + and amazon prime.

model : 4802x roku ultra
serial # x01000pr3k6m
software version : 11.5.0 build 4225-c2
device ID: s0da222r3k6m

I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling apps.

Power-cycling the ROKU is the only way I can temporarily rectify this issue, but I have to do this frequently.

Please advise if fix is upcoming or if I can revert to an earlier software release...this is very annoying.

I'm ready to return this unit.

thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
RickyZ
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Black screen and video freeze

My Roku updated last night to the 11.50 Build 4225-CR. I tested going forward and backward on the stream on SFN TV, Disney+ and HBO Max, and they all worked. It looks like the update fixed the video freezing issue. Thanks!  The black screen when starting up Roku has been happening intermittently since the 4206-CR update that caused the freezing issue. This new 4225-CR build may have fixed that. If it happens again I will open a new post only about that. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jbaird58

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

Some Roku Community users have reported that updating to the latest OS build helped resolve the issue they are experiencing.

Have you tried checking for a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are experiencing the issue still?

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
holemania
Reel Rookie

Thanks Danny,

Yes, I have checked Software Update in the menu and it states I am at the latest software.

software version : 11.5.0 build 4225-c2

Thus, I still have the "freezing" issue.

This occurs when I am watching a program and attempt to FFW or REW...when I PLAY again, I can hear the audio but the video is frozen.

I have to reset/power-cycle the ROKU every time this occurs.

Dave

RickyZ
Binge Watcher

I take it back. Last night and today it no longer works. It is freezing when going forward and back. 

0 Kudos
jbaird58
Channel Surfer

I have two units.  One has had this problem, but the other one has not updated and was still working, until today.  It updated to 4225 and now it has the problem as well.

0 Kudos
RickyZ
Binge Watcher

I have two units also, that were purchased around the same time. When the problem first started on one, the other had not yet updated to the 11.5.0 / build 4206-CR that originally caused the problem. I checked and it is now on 4225-CR. But, the problem hasn't occurred on that unit yet. 

0 Kudos