Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GbgUser

Re: Black screen and video freeze

I also am having the freezing screen problem on one of my devices.  Both devices are on software versions 11.5.0.  The one with "Build 4235-50" DOES NOT freeze.  The one with "Build 4235-CR" is the one that DOES freeze.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GbgUser,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community.

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

Then expect a new problem.
0 Kudos
Cupid1031
Binge Watcher

I keep trying the instructions for tracker I'd it just goes to home screen.
What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Btcoburn
Channel Surfer

This has been reported for weeks now.  When can we expect a solution?

Brons2
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Black screen and video freeze

I have this same issue with a Roku Streaming Stick +

I seemed to have made it somewhat better by manually disabling HDR.  It used to be there were certain videos that would stutter and the screen would go black on YouTube and Prime Video.  I manually set the display in the Roku settings from Auto 4K 60fps HDR to 4K 60fps with no HDR and it seems I am able to play videos that was not able to play before.

Software is 11.5.something, can't get the exact version right now because my child is using the TV.

Side note, I have another stick on this same TV from a different platform named after a large South American river and it has none of these problems with the same content.  But my family prefers the Roku, so I persevere.

0 Kudos
Brons2
Reel Rookie

Model - 3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number - YH006W371185

Software version 11.5.0, build 4235-50

Device ID C23916371185

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Btcoburn

Thanks for the post.

It doesn't look like you've provided the requested information yet. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brons2

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brons2
Reel Rookie

Oh and if you play 4K content the stick is constantly flagging that it's overheating.  Never mind that we never have the AC above 74, the TV is not in an enclosure, and it's a foot from the wall.

I keep ignoring it and picture quality is not impacted, I've got a 4K video playing from YouTube with background music that is 11 hours long.

Are the new ones better?  The interface keeps flagging me a half off deal on a new one.  Perhaps they have shrunk the lithography of the SoC since I got this one.  Maybe this one would work fine on my patio TV that is only 1080p.

0 Kudos