Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube TV video loses audio and slow to respond

Jump to solution

Aren’t you guys just wishing we would just forget that this is happening? 

0 Kudos
Sigarm9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Totally but it's kind of hard when you pause to answer the phone or something and then come back to no audio and have to restart. Lol If you know what it is, just do an update. 

0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They will not admit it’s a long term issue. It’s all about the money with this company. Not the customers. That’s why they say every week/ month. We know the issue and we are working on it. Bla bla bla. Still not happening still not doing anything. They’re waiting till the complainers quit asking and they will continue to rake in the cash from the suckers that don’t know about this problem. Maybe the owners of roku need a few more international houses or boats. Or close friends that need college tuition. They don’t care about u.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

Hi @jmaynardjn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing with Roku Ultra which is having an audio issue and we apologized for any inconvenience this has caused. Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Noonelikeus
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix no sound coming from my Roku streaming player

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

Why can't you state when the fix will be applied? I'm sure you have regular release cycles. Probably weekly or monthly, quarterly at worse, so just give us a date.

That's all people really care about, and regurgitating the tired old mantra to "expect a fix in a future update" is frustrating and insulting. 

Do better!

sbbb

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra Roku devices Keep Losing Sound

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. No audio or horrible noise after long pause.  Noticed this issue was reported and closed prior to this thread.  

Does Roku have a date this will be fixed?  Need to return this device within 30 days if a fix isn't upcoming.  Will go with Apple TV

fatty44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuMary-F 

Will the Roku OS 12 fix the issue we are all having?

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Honestly it looks like they don’t have a clue. How to fix this. This has been going on for a while. They are making sure no one gets their money back. Looks to me like they will just go along with the money they’re accumulating and just let the company implode on its own. They still would have multi millions to live off of till the next money making product. I don’t think they care at all. So they don’t really care. Be sure to write ur reviews

0 Kudos
azz09
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Finally talked my wife into ditching Comcast cable and move to YouTube TV. 

Thanks Roku for making the transition a total pain.

BTW after more testing the issue happens on any 4800 model (4800X, 4802X, 4802RW). 

It also does not take very long, just happened to us after pausing for ~15 minutes (in YouTube TV app).

Had to go back to a Roku 3 until it's fixed (wishful thinking)

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update. I was thinking of YouTube also how’s that working out? Obviously Roku isn’t gonna do anything so I’m checking out other alternatives too

0 Kudos