Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku Ultra Roku devices Keep Losing Sound

Jump to solution

You know that doesn’t work. It doesn’t solve anything you just have to keep restarting over and over again. 

azz09
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Jerryri  We have seen the same exact thing, ie, not just lost sound but buffering spinning and slowness after pausing for a long amount of time. (Mostly in YouTube TV but we do lose sound in all apps but can hear the tones from Roku remote navigation)

• I have power / sleep setting all turned off
  • I am wired Gigabit Ethernet throughout entire house so it's not network.

• I have also tried the app "Auto Launch" that replaces screen saver and will jump you to an app when screensaver is initiated (great app/add-on) - This does not help the issue however.

I have older TV's and 4 x Roku Ultras and here is what I have seen:

• 2 x 4802X Roku Ultra with Software 11.5.0 build 4312-C2
    These both losing sound when paused too long (YouTube TV) 
    Long buffers when un-pausing
    Must restart to fix

• 1 x 4800X Roku Ultra with 11.5.0 build 4312-C2
  • These both losing sound when paused too long (YouTube TV) 
    Long buffers when un-pausing
    Must restart to fix

• 1 x 4802RW Roku Ultra with 11.5.0 build 4312-C2
  • Normally don't pause this one but will keep an eye on it to see if same issue (guessing yes)

Same software build on all

lje4u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Adding and removing the YouTube TV app does not fix the issue. I've tried it and can confirm this.

Once you loose sound in YouTube TV, after long pause, sound does not work in any other apps. Also, the Roku is notably sluggish and takes a few moments to switch between screens. This continues until you reboot the device.

An update from Roku would be appreciated.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue you are reporting. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
peterac
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

SW version 4312-C2 did not fix issue either for me. This is a new unit (4802R) I just got Saturday. Have it on Ethernet where prior unit was Streaming Stick+. Needed a new unit as I am getting a 4K TV soon and need  more features.

Will return if this, no sound issue occurs more than 2 more times.

Peter

peterac
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Had this happen today on YTTV and Netflix. So I do not think the app matters. In fact TV was off. Wife turned it on. The app was at the home screen and no sound. Power start of course fixed it. Will let it happen 2 more times then will return and get different model than the 4802R with latest software of 4312-C2.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and your patience while we investigate the issue you are reporting.

Please be aware that we have found the cause of the issue and believe that this issue will be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
fatty44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Thank you for the information Danny.  It sure would be great to know when that update is coming out and what version to look for when it does.  I would hope it would be an immediate push.

Jump to solution

I agree with the OP - a firmware update is definitely in order.  My new Roku ultra I got for Christmas plays video without sound, then restarts itself and my TV, then seems to work ok after that.  But it happens daily, usually more than once after the TV has been off for a while.  Doesn't matter what channel I'm trying to stream. @RokuDanny-R 

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Be sure to put that in reviews where u bought it.  and also a replacement will only do the same. If u call customer service they won’t care also. Wish u luck. Read everyone’s comments it speaks for itself. I get a lot of notifications seems like I should work for them. But I don’t. Wish u luck