Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noonelikeus
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

It’s hard to imagine such lamentable responses coming from a Roku employee at all. Perhaps he’s a troll, salivating at how many people he is stringing along?

I’m frankly shocked at the Roku response on this (and the other aforementioned) thread. Danny couldn’t really be less helpful if he tried, and alas I assume is the only Roku employee that ever looks at the thread. 

In my experience even the worse of the worst companies try to sell you a story that they care and are being proactive…the lack of effort and flagrant customer disregard here is mind boggling.

I don’t do Twitter, but if others do, perhaps they could try to bring some awareness to the issue there? I’d fully encourage them to share this thread…perhaps it might bring it to the attention of somebody at Roku who isn’t totally ineffective.

0 Kudos
fatty44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This is ROKUs chat site! You think they’d noticed something was wrong right?

0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku sent me another roku ultra. Even when I told them I don’t want it. I bought it at Amazon in July so since roku just doesn’t care I appealed to Amazon for help with this issue. Since it was passed the 30 return window they weren’t able to give me a full refund. So I accepted 80% of my money back. Claiming it’s a defective item that roku will not help me with. This is my last post but wish u guys luck. 

0 Kudos
lje4u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

An update from my end,

Over the weekend, I followed the instructions posted by @eckertd -- removed YouTube TV, rebooted, and re-added YouTube TV.  I've had several long pauses during football, basketball etc., and so far no sound issues.  Not holding my breath here. I will report back in a few days.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@fatty44

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fatty44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

another one.20230123_224621000_iOS.jpg

0 Kudos
HolliBee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can I exchange my Roku Ultra for another model that doesnt have this problem? It is less than a year old. Purchased on Amazon. Really tired of it. I tried all the suggested tricks

0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Email roku so they know ur problem

0 Kudos
meneboe

Re: Audio Stops Working After… Pause/Sleep

Jump to solution

Model 4800X

Serial #: X0100089LUC8 (S02A20A9LUC8)

SW 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

Issue ID C8-037-495

Pause in video playback for more than roughly 10 minutes (or until screen saver starts) results in loss of sound.  Restart necessary.  Most clearly happens with YouTubeTV, but is not "clearable" by changing to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney, etc.

0 Kudos