Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

When u sign in to ur roku go the devices, click on the one u have then instead of chat send them an email. Describe your problem in detail. They should send u a reply with case number. Good luck

0 Kudos
eckertd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please let me know SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY LOOKING INTO THIS!

model 4800x

serial # x01000w9t29m

software version 11.5.0 build 4312.-c2

TIMESTAMP 2023-01-20t04:17:38z

issue ID 9m-027-617

0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Once ur sent the email they should write back to u. I think they’re working on it if u report it. I don’t think they’re fixing the issue in general.

0 Kudos
lje4u
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Before I try this, wondering if anyone has tried a factory reset after updating to the latest 11.5 firmware?

This would clear all settings and values, perhaps there is a bug with the firmware update process?

I've had to do this with my home Internet router to fix an issue... It's a PITA so don't want to do this if someone else has already tried it.

0 Kudos
Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Doesn’t hurt to try it I did several times didn’t work 

0 Kudos
fatty44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've programmed a brand new Roku Ultra out of the box, which updated right away with the 11.5 os and it had the audio issue with YouTubeTV.

I recently turned off the 5.1 surround sound in YouTubeTV and it seems to be working so far... not sure if it is a good fix or not but working so far. 

0 Kudos
eckertd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have not tried a system reset but I did email Roku direct as pennylanea suggested.  Here is their response to me. 

This issue might occur if the channel is not updated to its latest version. Since the issue is with one channel, let's try some sequential troubleshooting steps below and check if it resolves the issue. 

1. Remove the channel from your Roku device: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and Highlight the channel->Press the * star button on the Roku remote->Remove the channel
  2. Perform a System Update: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and select Settings->System->System Update->Check now
  3. Restart the Roku device: Restarting the system will remove all the random, unimportant, and temporary data stored.
    Press the home button on the Roku remote, and select Settings->System->Power->System restart
  4. Add the channel on your Roku: Press the home button on the Roku remote, and select Streaming channel->Search channel->Type "channel name"-> Add channel
  5. Update the channel and check, highlight the channel> Press the star (*) button on the Roku remote>Click on check for update.                                                        

It seems they are saying this is a YouTube tv issue.   I also removed the screen saver.   Will report if I still have issues.  I have no idea why anyone from Roku did not supply these instructions here on the community board.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lje4u @LaFemmeLoca

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gatorbyter
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny ... I'm gonna be blunt here. This is beyond ridiculous. This issue was first reported in April, 2022 on another forum post (which extended 11 pages) and NEVER got resolved.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Audio-stops-working-after-long-pause/td-p/7898...

Danny, in fact, it was YOU who prematurely closed that thread in November 2022 WITHOUT any feedback from the community that the issue had been resolved (BECAUSE it certainly had not).

I simply find it inconceivable that this problem has gone unresolved for 9 months when the event has been so well chronicled by so many different people. For the nth time, when using a Model 4800X - Roku Ultra:

"Pausing a YouTubeTV program for a few minutes, often results in NO SOUND when unpausing. Afterwards, even switching to another application (something other than YouTubeTV) does not resolve the problem. Ultimately the Roku must be restarted."

Telling us, the issue has been passed along to a "team" for resolution isn't cutting it any more. How about offering a recall/replacement on these units? For YouTubeTV users, they are a disaster!

Pennylanea
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I totally agree with a recall on this issue. Closing this thread without any solution also proves how much roku cares about their customers. I just want my money back. If roku continues to ignor this MAJOR issue and there’s this many complaints they’re gonna lose customers. Don’t for get to post reviews where u bought the item so future customers know what’s going on and the no action done to fix this issue by roku.