Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eckertd
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Sync Issues - Lag. Tried 8 solutions, nothing worked.

Jump to solution

Once again -paused for 15-20 minutes on you-tube tv.  When I tried resuming the sound is gone.  Need to restart the system to fix.

Model 4800x

serial # X01000w9529m

software version 11.5.0. Build 4235-c2

timestamp 2022-11-23t18:45:52z

issue ID 9m-470-565

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio Sync Issues - Lag. Tried 8 solutions, nothing worked.

Jump to solution

@eckertd

Thanks for the follow up.

The appropriate Roku team is is currently investigating the issue. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BilD
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

I have a brand-new Ultra with 11.5 FW. It’s directly connected to my TV (no sound bar). I paused YouTubeTV and resumed it about 15 minutes later. There was no sound on YouTubeTV. No sound on Prime. However, Fox Nation had sound. The responsiveness was sluggish as if the CPU was burdened. When I tried Paramount+, the Ultra crashed and rebooted on its own, after which everything worked.

This failure is not 100% repeatable, but seems to occur about 10-20% of the time.

I also tried a “workaround” suggested in an earlier thread (for 11.0 FW) – I set the audio to Passthrough and the audio format to Dolby (and also to DTS). None of this helped.

It sure seems like the Ultra’s 11.5 FW crashes occasionally when resuming from paused YouTubeTV.

I'm new to Roku and also bought 2 more Ultras, but all 3 may go back to Amazon.

0 Kudos
rickwhoo
Reel Rookie

Loss of Audio after the pausing of a program I was watching.

Jump to solution

Every once in a while, my audio for the program I had paused will not work. The sounds from my Roku are fine, it's just no audio from the program after unpausing it. I have to restart my ultra or unplug it to get the audio back.

jaybytez
Channel Surfer

YouTubeTV Audio goes out after long pause

Jump to solution

Anytime you watch something on YouTubeTV and pause it for let's say 5 minutes and return. There is no volume. I actually have to reboot the Roku, exiting YouTubeTV does not fix the issue. While trying to play with no volume, I have pressed the asterisk and changed the volume settings to see if it would work and it won't.

This has been happening for just a few weeks.

Model is 4800X - Roku Ultra

Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4235-C2

eckertd
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTubeTV Audio goes out after long pause

Jump to solution

Still happening often. 2 more below.
Roku ultra 4800x

serial # x01000w9t29m

software version 11.5.0 build 4235-c2

timestamp 2022-12-05t03:22:19z

id 9m-486x922

and same as above

timestamp 2022-12-01t18:37:52z

id 9m-482-077

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Loss of Audio after the pausing of a program I was watching.

Jump to solution

Hi @rickwhoo,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
rickwhoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happens on any channel while watching my YouTube TV app. I'm pretty sure it also happens with Netflix as well. thumbnail (1).jfif

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rickwhoo,

Thanks for providing the information needed.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know. 

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RonL1
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio stops working after long pause

Jump to solution

Possable fix... I have the same problem... long pause on yttv and no sound.

I've tried all the listed fixes with no luck.    What has seemed to work is to turn the screensaver off.  

I had it off for a week or 2 and no problems.   I turned it back on and no sound problem returned.

I was using the baby animals screensaver if that makes any difference.

0 Kudos