Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsjdj

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Like others, Youtube TV now has audio dropouts every 15 second, Netflix and Prime do not. Audio send to a receiver using Dolby 5.1. Worked well for years. Please fix what your broke.

GrogeryH
Channel Surfer

I started getting brief audio dropouts (< 1 second) every ~15 seconds in the Hulu channel after an update was applied on October 26. The issue does not occur with the Prime channel or Disney+ channel.

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ00FE847073

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-46

Affected channel: Hulu Version 6.63 build 1

Tracker ID: 73-432-935

Roku Ultra connected to Panasonic TH-42PZ77U, TV connected to stereo receiver via analog RCA audio cables, issue also occurs when using headphones connected to Roku remote

Roku audio output set to Stereo

Issue reproducible when watching any content in the Hulu channel

edit: issue also occurs in the Kanopy channel (Version 4.3 build 20200602)

edit 2: seems like I'm the only one having an issue in Stereo mode. To clarify the symptom, the dropouts I'm getting are extremely brief and usually manifest as a click or pop. I might not even notice them if I weren't using headphones.

edit 3: issue also occurs when Roku Ultra is connected to Acer XFA240 monitor using the monitor's internal speakers or the monitor's headphone jack.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bernieismycat @GrogeryH

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rwhite692

Like Dozens of others have now reported, with the latest update, Youtube TV now has audio dropouts about every 15 seconds, Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon, Disney, etc etc etc do not. Audio is sent to a receiver using Dolby 5.1. Worked well for years. Please fix what you broke.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rwhite692,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

The appropriate Roku team is hard at work investigating the issue. In the meantime, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Plantman80
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Shows are unwatchable on HBO Max and YouTube TV since update. Audio cuts out on YTTV and on HBO there is a loud audio background noise. All started with this latest update. No issues last week. 
model 4662RW Roku Ultra LT

software 11.5 build 4235-46

audio is streamed through Onkyo receiver but I have a second Ultra that is direct connected to a Sony TV and it has the same issues. 

when switching to stereo, above issues don’t happen, but audio is slightly out of sync with video and it’s almost unwatchable. 

0 Kudos
Sdavis2

Having the exact same problem as you mentioned. Dropouts every 15 seconds and only on You Tube Tv. Mine is also hooked up to Yamaha receiver with 5.1 sound. 

0 Kudos
MNWildThing
Reel Rookie

Still experiencing the same problem with Dolby Digital audio. Requested information below.

4670X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: YJ00D1902222

Device ID: KW905D902222

Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4235-46

Timestamp: 2022-10-29T04:14:28Z

Tracker ID: 22-433-694

App: HBOMAX 52.45 build 9

Denon AVR-X2300W running firmware version 3700-4058-3095 and DTS Version 3.90.50.00

TV: Samsung QN75Q6FNA running software version T-KTM2AKUC-1330.5, BT-S

No error message on the screen. It is an audio issue. To reproduce the problem, just watch the opening sequence on House of the Dragon. The audio is jumbled right away in the first few seconds and continues off and on making it unwatchable with Dolby Digital. No issues prior to the recent firmware update on the Roku. Works if Digital output format is set to Stereo rather than Auto.

0 Kudos
swuede78
Channel Surfer

5.1 surround sound no ultra device having issue

Anyone has this issue resolved? Facing same issue with Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
storm5guy

Having the same audio dropout issue on YouTube TV that just started over the past few days. Happens with both live and taped shows. Doesn't happen with any other app.

Device: 4670X Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ008H499601 (KWA9C8499601)

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-46

Tracker ID: 01-434-849

YouTube TV version 2.22 build 105005569

0 Kudos