Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmatx
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Once updated to v11.5 immediately started having audio cut out for split second, every 10 to 20 seconds. Turn off surround and issue stops. Other two ultras were not seeing issue being on v11.0. all running YTTV v2.22 build 105005569. Once the other two updated to v11.5, they started seeing the issue.

Roku Ultra - 4800X
Roku Ultra - 4670X
Roku Ultra - 4660X
v11.5.0 build 4235-46 (x3)

Device ID for 4660x ultra is CK384E264680, connected to a yamaha RX-V385. Other two are connected to TVs for their sound.

0 Kudos
Hurrifan1984
Channel Surfer

Update for Roku Support - 

I followed what @Santa_Cruzer mentioned. I first un-installed the YouTube TV app, I then unplugged the Roku Ultra for a couple minutes and powered back on. Then I performed the cache clearing procedure. It seemed frozen for a minute then restarted. Once back up I re-installed the YouTube TV app and made sure my Roku settings for audio mode was still DD+/DTS-HD and audio format and output was "auto". Made sure the YTTV apps 5.1 audio setting was set to surround sound ON.

I am happy to report that so far watching 10 minutes I have not experienced the audio dropouts yet.

I am still on 11.5.0 build 4235-46, there are no updates at the moment.

rudycub23
Reel Rookie

Yep, I'm experiencing similar issues with regard to audio on my Ultra; for me it just seems to be affecting HBOMax.

I switched to Stereo and audio playback is fine; DTS, and sound gaps appear.

My Ultra has the latest 11.5.0 build.

0 Kudos
podzy27
Reel Rookie

I done exactly what you said twice and I still have it. You must be the chosen one lol

0 Kudos
rudycub23
Reel Rookie

To update on my original issue (see bottom of Page 11):

I received a PM from Roku advising me to reboot my Ultra at this time, which I proceeded to do.  Upon completion, it would appear that now all is well, so I am naturally curious as to what was performed to now make it work (as I originally did a reboot, resulting in no change, before reporting my experience with the problem here).

Still, very happy it has been resolved; thanks for the attention and help!

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

They pushed you new firmware…

RaistMajere
Reel Rookie

Same for me - just did a “hard” restart and no more glitchy audio on Atmos titles in HBO Max, and I never even reported the issue to support.

So give that unplug and plug it back in a whirl. I left mine unplugged for about a minute before restarting, and all was well, and I’ve got the 4660X.

MNWildThing
Reel Rookie

Update. As mentioned by a few others, I unplugged the unit, waited 1-2 minutes, and then plugged it back in. The weird audio noises in House of the Dragon on HBOMAX are now gone and everything sounds good again. Current Roku software version is 11.5.0 build 4235-46.

0 Kudos
Santa_Cruzer
Reel Rookie

I came ready to apply the procedure recommended by Youtube, but it seems everything is working now.  Dolby D on football games has no more dropouts.  I did notice the Youtube Roku app seems to be on a new version dated 11-2-22.  My hunch is it needed to be updated, and the procedure they recommended would have resulted in the new app getting installed..

0 Kudos
wallacio

Re: 5.1 surround sound no ultra device having issue

It's a "me too" here.

Streaming local video encoded with DD playsback fine, but I'm getting PCM only from Amazon Prime since the update. I don't use any other streaming services so can't compare them, unfortunately.

Roku Streaming Stick+ running 11.5,connected to a Yamaha RX-V677. No changes to configuration or hardware, just the OS update.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos