Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Interesting response, but responding to my bug post for the latest release would be more helpful.

Grenick
Reel Rookie

What did it break?

0 Kudos
bernieismycat
Channel Surfer

I am on 11.5.0 4235-46 and I am experiencing the problems. When I try to update it says I am on the latest version. Is there a way to force the C2 update?

Please note I posted the system info for both of my Ultras in previous posts on this thread.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

I started a new thread about it; power off is now screwed up, at least on an Ultra.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Well, I don’t know what is going on. I just checked one of my sticks and it is on 4235-CU which updated the same day is C2 on my Ultra. Maybe theres device-specific updates. The interesting thing was my Ultra updated while I was watching something. It just rebooted which I found odd and then it says finalized update so I checked to see it had just updated.

I had been able to force updates on anything except Roku TVs and one Roku that they had downgraded to 10.5 that then wouldn’t update to 11.5.

0 Kudos
TJR79
Reel Rookie

Just a quick update.  I did not have any audio drop issues last night watching MNF on YouTube tv.  I did have a buffering/loading issue at every commercial break, so I just hit fast forward once the buffering stopped to get caught up.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is investigating the issue. In the meantime, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-are you connecting any external devices to your home setup
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
J1553
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

I have the same audio dropout issue described above.  I have roku model 4660x ultra, serial yj00AE040130.  I run the sound through a Yamaha ar685.  It just started dropping out on YouTube Tv only.  Other apps still work..  What is the problem??  

0 Kudos
podzy27
Reel Rookie

4660x-Roku Ultra

YJ006H192368

11.5.0 Build 4235-46

CK37D6192368

I'm connected to a Yamaha

RX-A770

0 Kudos
zenmanic

I am having the exact same frustrating audio issue.

Mod: 4660X - Roku Ultra

ser# YJ006J015123

Device ID: CK38D60151123

software ver.: 11.5.0 build 4235-46

Please fix.