Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJR79
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Same audio drop issue when using YouTube TV, which is essentially unwatchable now.  NFL Sunday Ticket app seems fine.  Roku Ultra is connected to a Yamaha RX-A3070 and JVC DLA-X790 projector.  Been using the same setup for years with no issues until the latest software update.  Please fix or roll back to the previous version.164F6385-5324-4A7C-9408-84664CDB4F6A.jpeg

0 Kudos
GoFriars

Having the exact same issue. The "Surround Sound" turn off workaround did stop audio from cutting out but that's not a fix. Come on Roku, fix what you broke with 11.5

0 Kudos
swuede78
Channel Surfer

Re: 5.1 surround sound no ultra device having issue

Hello @Nimfa, in my case the issue seems inherent within Roku since 5.1 is working only with Disney Plus App but not with Netflix and others.

My Roku Ultra is connected to a projector and Sonos Beam.

Can you advise if there is anything I need to do? Roku software is up to date.

0 Kudos
Alacefield

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

This worked for me, but I hope it is only a temporary loss of functionality for the YouTube TV app.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Plantman80 @MNWildThing,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

We'll share these details with the appropriate team for further investigation and hope to have a resolution soon. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @storm5guy @bernieismycat @mikeny @Islanderbaw @TJR79,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community and providing information.

I have passed along your information to our Roku engineering team. Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation by the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drlsmca

Mary

I'm experiencing the identical problem with surround sound drop outs on my Ultra, OS 11.5, while using YouTube TV app.  I am not having audio problems with Prime or Disney+.  

Doug Lawrence

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @drlsmca,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Kindly provide the required information that I requested from my previous post.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate the issue further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

There’s yet another update that is presumably intended to fix your issue. It broke something else, but hey…. Pick your poison. 11.5.0 4235-C2 is the latest.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnCap523,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos