Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Re: Audio Drop Outs (YouTube TV) since 11.5

I've had the exact same issue with YTTV since this update, glad to see I'm not the only one. It's only happening on the Ultra, not the Stick. Seems to me that Roku needs to roll out a fix.

lmatx
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.5] Audio Issues with my Roku Ultra since latest update

Happening on my Ultra as well. I swapped it out with another one of my Ultra's that is still running 11.0 and the issue is not there. I'm watching YouTubeTV and anything with 5.1 audio is affected. Turn on stereo instead of 5.1 and the issue is gone.  

Here is the reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/youtubetv/comments/y4vz7v/51_audio_roku_os_115_audio_dropouts/

0 Kudos
sakendrick
Streaming Star

Also good to know it's not only me 🙂 (or my setup)

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sakendrick @jcaparula,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing an audio issue with Youtube TV after the update, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the required information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

I did the most recent update and that seems to have fixed it (for YTTV at least). I've seen other posts regarding the same audio issue on different apps so I will test those as well.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jcaparula,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know it's working now. Happy Streaming!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

I spoke too soon . . . still experiencing the audio dropouts on YTTV every 10 seconds or so, even after yesterday's software updae.

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

SN: YJ996F960388

Device ID: CK3936960388

Software version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-46

YTTV version/build: 2.22/105005569

Issue ID: 88-430-322

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jcaparula,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

In addition to this, in Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Are you streaming DD+ content?

Once we have this additional information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sakendrick
Streaming Star

@RokuMary-F 

Happens on any channel but definitely NBC2 local with Youtube TV. As per my post I switched between Dolby Digital and Auto for audio mode, no difference. 

Other detaisl (some already in my post)

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ008N986231
Software Version: 11.50 build 4235-46
Device ID: CK48A8986231
TV Model: Vizio E70-F3
AVR Model: Yamaha RX-V795

Last updated this morning at 7:30am, last check after that last update. Sort of wish my post wasn't merged into this one as what the OP described is different than what I'm experience... but if you want to lump all 11.5 audio issues into one big thread, so be it.
0 Kudos
jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Yes, happens on both DD+ and "Auto" settings. Does NOT happen when set to Stereo.  

0 Kudos