Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smedve
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.0] Pixelation on picture after updating to latest OS

Hi. Whenever I switch to a different channel, the picture will pixelate and freeze for the first 15 seconds or so, then after that the picture is ok until I switch the channel. I updated to the new 11.0 update today, but still having the same freezing/pixelization issue with the rebooting every 15-30 min or so. I would like to revert back to OS 10 if possible. Thanks.

pixelated issues immediately after updating to 11.0.0. Here is my associated data:

model: 4400X ROKU 4
ser#: YY00A4410678
Device ID: 4U75AA410678
Build: 4157-17
version: 11.0.0
Issue ID: 87-125-505

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
ArdentBloom
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.0] Pixelation on picture after updating to latest OS

@RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D

I'm having the same issue as others. Whenever I watch DirectTV Stream, I get pixelation, glitchiness, and fuzziness at the top of the screen. At times, it the video will pause but the audio will continue. It happens when I watch a DVR, regular channel surfing, or nothing at all. When it gets stuck for too long, it restarts and I get the jumping Roku letters.

As requested, please see the following:

-4640X - Roku Ultra, SN#YP003K400172, ID#7LC693400172, Software OS/build: 11.0.0 build 4157-29

-It happens only with DirectTV Stream for me. I have updated the channel by pressing the * button and it tells me that it has been updated but I still have the same issues as described. DirectTV Stream: Version 3.28, build 3130102

-tracker ID: 72-127-236

-watch a DVR, regular channel surfing, or just watching TV. It happens on all channels.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ArdentBloom 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing in regards to pixelation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ArdentBloom
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R

Here are three photos that I took this evening. It only happens when I turn the channel, pause or unpause, fast forward or reverse. Basically any function except volume.

Roku1.jpg

Roku2.jpg

Roku3.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@smedve 

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, does this pixelation issue only happen on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbedrossian
Reel Rookie

Pixelating happening for me too - every time on startup and with every channel change on Direct Tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jbedrossian

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos