Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Model 4802X - Roku Ultra DHCP Error 020

@Crawfish

Thanks for the post.

When did you start seeing this issue occur?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dano23
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 11.0] Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

Man, I am so tired of this issue. (I first reported my device details in June.) I feel like I've been very patient here. But every day I have to unplug my HDMI cable and plug it back in. Fine if it's easy to access but mine is buried inside my cabinet. Any update from Roku on a fix here? Has anyone switched to a different device that doesn't have this problem? 

0 Kudos
seb4
Reel Rookie

Crickets from ROKU. Unbelievable this day and age that firmware updates for an issue this big would take this long. However turning off the power saver mode has solved it for me using the 4K stick. Have see a few other posts stating the same thing (not sure of device types tho).

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

11.5 is rolling out now. It is supposed to fix this.

TVSmartz
Channel Surfer

Ask Roku to roll your device back to OS 10.50. That fixed the HDCP error for me several months ago. Hopefully, it will remain fixed once I upgrade to OS 11.50 later this year.

0 Kudos
sds8
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku worked a few months; now every time I turn it on I have to fix Error 020. Ridiculous! Help!

Since I couldn't send a PM, I'm posting this to try to get access to downgrading my roku firmware.  I also daily get the error 20 and have to unplug/plug in my roku.  Please either let me downgrade or make the fix (11.5??) available ASAP.

Thanks,
TS

Model 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial No.  X01700NS454Y

SW 11.0.0 build 4193-CU

Device ID S08Y41DS454Y

Occurs usually starting up a new stream

usually happens on Youtube TV (Version 2.22 build 105005568)

and Prime Video (version 14.0 build 2022072121)

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku worked a few months; now every time I turn it on I have to fix Error 020. Ridiculous! Help!

@sds8 it's unlikely Roku will roll back your firmware. They are just starting to roll out 11.5, which might resolve your problems. Now that you've made a post or two, you might be able to send a PM to @RokuDanny-R and perhaps be included in an early roll out. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
seb4
Reel Rookie

11.5 is rolling out. Keep checking manually a couple times a day. I got both my devices updated yesterday after doing so.

0 Kudos
sds8
Reel Rookie

@atc98092 wrote:

@sds8 it's unlikely Roku will roll back your firmware. They are just starting to roll out 11.5, which might resolve your problems. Now that you've made a post or two, you might be able to send a PM to @RokuDanny-R and perhaps be included in an early roll out. 

Thanks...I've been frustrated with this, but just today went searching for answers instead of waiting for Roku to fix (since my other 2 roku devices don't have this issue).  Was able to PM now, but I would much rather get an early 11.5 than be downgraded...just nothing pops up when I 'check now'.  I'll keep checking...thanks!

0 Kudos
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

Roku support suggested I downgrade, but wouldn't tell me how to do it.  They messaged me a few days later and told me my device was defective, and sent me a new one.  It was working okay, except for the error showing up every few weeks, but lately, it's coming multiple times daily again.  I have an Amazon Cube hooked up to the same system.  Now when it acts up, I just push the input to the Fire Cube, which works without problems.  I would've trashed the Roku, except my wife likes using it when it works.  I have a suspicion that if I did a factory reset, it would work for weeks between errors again, but that's a pain in the ass.  

0 Kudos