Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP error 202 problem Sony tv

They know what the issue is and it’ll be resolved with the next update (so they say).

0 Kudos
Bob500

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

I have 2 brand new 3820X streaming sticks. I use one with an lG tv and one with a Samsumg. I get the HCDP error screen once a day. I unplug the streaming sticks and the system works for about 24 hours. I have adjusted the resolution settings, everything on the help page, there are no cables involved the sticks plug in directly to the tvs. I have switched sticks nothing helps.  My 5 year old Roku works fine on either set. What is the fix for this

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Bob500 I haven't seen Roku say anything publicly, but users have reported private conversations with tech support that the problem has been identified, and the the next OS update should resolve it. Of course, we have no information about when that update might happen. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

My guess is, unfortunately, that the next update is 3-4 months out. Roku doesn’t do frequent updates. The last was 6/4 and I suspect we’re looking at close to end of year.

Theres no point to messing with your settings… If you get the error, restart the device.

0 Kudos
seb4
Reel Rookie

Some (including me) have resolved it by turning off the power save setting. Not the best solution but it works until they send out an update. Unless you don't mind all the reboots every time you want to watch TV.   **4k stick for me**

0 Kudos

"HDCP Error Detected" help

I have been using my Roku for months on my TV, no problem. When I moved the TV to another room to make room for a new one, I get this stupid message: 

HDCP Error Detected

And yes, I unplugged, etc. already. I assume this is for piracy issues, but there seems to be no explanation why it works in one room, with all the same equipment, and not the other. I did notice the software that said HDCP 2.2 seemed to say 1.0 or something on one of the screens, but, again, it was the same 30 minutes before I moved it and worked fine. If that is the issue, how do you get the current HDCP 2.2? I tried "software updates" and no help. The ROKU player is months old, btw. 

Any help appreciated. ty

ps: the top photo on this link is what i am getting..

https://support.roku.com/article/208755468 

0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Unplugging and plugging back in both Roku stick and TV (LG) cord — not a cable —will not fix this. Have run this same TV with the same Roku stick for 8 months with no problem. Now I have NO TV whatsoever. Can’t even pull up the home page, “No signal.” 

So this is a 17-page problem and Roku hasn’t managed to fix it?? And there is no one who knows how to fix it? Such wojnderful customer service. 😡 How much do I hate technology; let me count the ways. Guess I don’t want to know the news anyway. No, I do not want a FIrestick. 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

If you have “no tv”, your issue isn’t this issue. This issue is a specific error that shows on the screen.

If you unplugged and plugged back in and get nothing, change your input to a different hdmi or antenna and see if you at least get static to verify the tv hasn't died. If you get something, switch the input back to the input for the Roku. If you get nothing, the Roku may have fried.

PS, you switch inputs with the original tv remote, not the Roku remote. There will be a button labeled INPUT.

0 Kudos
utlinfielder
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the reply. The TV is brand new — four months old. I think the Roku is fried. The metal piece that fits into the TV (LG) is somewhat loose. I have no other explanation. However, one needs a PhD to get a new stick; it might not pair with my remote.

I keep having that problem with my Sony. Got a new remote (old one had no mute function) that wouldn’t pair no matter what. I even asked tech-smart people try to pair it. Still no go. Gave it to Goodwill.

So I will buy a new Roku stick and hope it works, but I will still have the HDCP problem.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

The HDCP problem has been figured out. Just waiting on the next update…

If the thingy on the Roku is loose, well, they’re not that fragile, but if you press on it the wrong way, or try to force it, it could get damaged. But it doesn’t happen to itself…

I’m assuming you discovered the tv is alive but the Roku is not? Are you sure the tv is set to the right hdmi?

Rokus pair to their remotes pretty easily most of the time.

0 Kudos