Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4800x gives me HDCP errors.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating this issue. At this time I do not have any information that I can provide. However, once more details are available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Ultra 4800x gives me HDCP errors.

I'll send this info again, in case you might get it to the correct destination.  I've sent other reports and received no response.  

Model # 4800RW

Ser # X01000X6792W  SO2C2146972W

Software version 11.0.0 Build 4193.C2

5-29-22 Time 21:11 (55Z) Whatever that's about?

Issue ID 2W-214-391

0 Kudos
dano23
Channel Surfer

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

I am seeing this same error. Started happening several weeks ago. Every time I turn on my devices for the first time that day I get the error. If I unplug the hdmi cable then plug it back in the error goes away. This never happened before and all my devices are recent/updated devices. 

model: 4800x

Device ID: S02A20AEXGCL

Software OS: 11.0.0 build 4193-C2

Happens every day on first power up when I try to access content on any channel. 

Tracker ID not available. 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Interesting. You’re the first I’ve seen having this happen on an Ultra. My Ultra hasn’t at all. I really do suspect your issue may be a cable or HDMI port or the port is slow handshaking when you first turn the tv on. Try letting the tv warm up for a minute and see if that helps. I’d also try a different hdmi cable, after you unplug it from the tv and plug it back in once.

0 Kudos
dano23
Channel Surfer

This is the cable [Amazon] that currently connects from my Roku to my Denon AVR-X3000 receiver and then another cable connects from the Denon to my Samsung TV. The comments on Amazon are mixed, but some say this cable fixed their HDCP errors. 

My question is, why did everything work great since I purchased the Roku device in January 2021 and yet just stop working over the last few weeks? For about 18 months everything fired up no problem. Now I get the HDCP error every time I start things up in the evening to watch TV.

All I have to do is unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in and everything works. Easy, but a real pain. 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

That’s an entirely different kettle of fish from the broadly reported issue with the Streaming Stick 4k that this thread is about. In those cases there is no cable involved and it isn’t resolved so simply. Your scenario is much more complex. It’s probably related to the 11.0 firmware as well. They have yet to figure out exactly what the problem is.

0 Kudos
dano23
Channel Surfer

Ok, thanks. I thought I was reporting in the right thread. Should I report this elsewhere or watch a different thread for a solution? 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

I don’t know what to tell you. I know they’re working on this from the Streaming Stick 4k perspective. Whether that turns out to be involved in your scenario, no clue. Those of us with Ultras are having another issue related to the 11.0 firmware that results in losing audio after an extended pause of content. I’d suspect because you’re running your video stream through a receiver it will be difficult to isolate exactly what’s going on in your case. My suggestion would be to connect your Ultra directly to the tv and run the audio out from tv to receiver to eliminate the extra HDMI connections but I understand why you might be resistant to that approach.

0 Kudos

I have 2 Roku 4800Xs on 2 different tvs.
HDCP Error Detected code on all apps (Netflix, HBOMax, Hulu, Disney+, etc).
Randomly.
Multiple times a day.
Hulu ads usually play, then get message, but happens both ways. 
Followed directions, tried new cables, tried different inputs, etc.

Software version 11.0.0
Build 4193

0 Kudos
Kcookvt

Re: HDCP Error Repeating after fix

I have the same issue as you it seems, but it’s driving me crazy. Every time I turn the TV on, I have to unplug the HDMI cable and re-plug it back in. This did not happen for the first three or four months we have the Roku, but it’s every time I turn the TV on now. I’m wondering if anyone has a response or solution to this. I find it frustrating when you can’t actually ask Roku.

0 Kudos