Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you have not already, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TVSmartz
Channel Surfer

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

I also started getting this issue after the latest OS 11 update. Please fix this.

Roku device model - 4800X - Roku Ultra

Device ID - S02A20A1JMH5

Software OS - 11.0.0 build 4193-C2

Steps to reproduce: Turn on app (Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, Hulu, etc), start watching a show, then the error occurs once the show starts playing.

When did I start seeing issue occur: On or around May 6, 2022

Tracker ID: Please use ID H5-186-058 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TVSmartz

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rok1233
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.0] HDCP Errors

So it seems that quite a few Roku customers are having issues with the 11.0 update and HDMI authentication. This issue has not been resolved for at least a month. Can those of us who need it roll back to the 10.x software that was working please?

I seem to remember being able to do this via the system setting on older models. If not, can we request a roll back for specific device #s? I feel like I have been patient on this, but it is wearing thin. Rolling back updates should be fairly easy. 

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
micheles1145
Channel Surfer

Thank you for doing so. I’m extremely curious about what seems to be Roku’s complete lack of interest in customer service or, even fixing the problem they caused by their last update…?

0 Kudos
Surveyor1
Channel Surfer

My HDCP error started last night at 9:46 when my Express 3930x updated to 11.  I tried all the hardware fixes recommended, different cables, ports, unplugging, etc and nothing worked.  Definitely software problem as all was good until the update.  I get main screens, channel choices, program choices, and even the commercials before the show starts.  All work fine until actual content starts and then get the HDCP error.  Amazon, Hulu, Nextflix and other channels all don't work.  How about going back to previous software version until you can fix this?

Surveyor1
Channel Surfer

Roku info

Model 3930X-Express, SN X004007TAD1G, Software 11.0.0 build 4193-AE, ID S008316TAD1G. Updated 9:46pm Pacific time, May 12.

0 Kudos
micheles1145
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I have already provided all the information requested! Why does this issue remain?!?! As for a specific channel: CBS News

FIX THIS ISSUE or provide me with a return label!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to best investigate this issue, can you please make sure that you have provided us with all of the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-make and model TV that you are using
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have all of this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Aye aye aye aye aye….