Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

The HDCP problem for me is on a 1080P tv.

0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

Two 1080P TVs for me. 

0 Kudos
ravim
Binge Watcher

Re: HDCP Error Detected (Error 020)

Hello Danny: Thanks for the response. Yes; it is still happening. The frequency for me is about once a day. Below is most of the information you asked for; next time I will get tracker information. I also noticed a couple of days ago that Roku stick automatically updated the software.

Roku stick about ravimRoku stick about ravim

0 Kudos
Pungh0Li0
Channel Surfer

What do you change?

I've been running a stick (3600r) for 6 years with no issues.

Now I bought a new 4k stick and cannot use it. I tried all the solutions and got it to work for a couple hours.

I guess I'll get a refund.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing and providing information.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
99X
Channel Surfer

My Roku 4k stick that is about 5 months old that is connected directly to a Samsung 1080p TV started doing this after the latest update happened. It’s never on the Home Screen. It’s always when opening an app and clicking to watch something from a menu. Every day I have to reset my Roku. Please help. Seems like a huge oversight on Rokus part. 

0 Kudos
dustinr26
Binge Watcher

Glad I found this thread!!! I was going mad and couldn't understand why I kept getting HDCP error out of nowhere! It started happening about 1.5 weeks ago and noticed after the firmware updated on both my Rokus boxes. Only ever happens now daily when I turn tv on after its been off overnight and no matter what app I try same error populates minute it tries to play something. I have 2 Samsung 4k HDR TVs with  issue only on the Living Room TV so far and Living Room model is 4660 and Firmware is 11.0-4193. The Bedroom Roku box firmware is current 11.0-4193-46 for Model which is 4660X but the Bedroom Box has not had any HDCP errors yet but Living Room has been daily once its turned on then no errors all day or night. Both have same Zizo 4k 60hz HDR 6ft HDMI 2.0. Hope to see post soon the issue has been fixed as Power cycling sometimes fixes it and other times take powering off everything unplugging all cables and replugging in but that is kinda PITA. 

Pungh0Li0
Channel Surfer

Be sure to disable the "Auto Power Save" mode.

I resolve mine by unplugging the TV power then plugging back in. But the problem came back each time mine shut off automatically.  Been working today without error since disabling Power Saver.

0 Kudos
Pcic57

Re: HDCP errors must stop!

I’m having the same issue.  I have both wired and wireless capabilities. Roku will only acknowledge the wired internet.  I have Roku ultra 

0 Kudos
Pcic57

Re: HDCP errors must stop!

I can play everything on the wired but nothing on wireless. I keep getting the network error in the wireless 

0 Kudos