Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HDCP errors must stop!

Hi Danny,

Please help! 

-Roku device model - Roku express 4K+

-serial number - S07P2180WFRJ

-device ID - ? model 3941X HDMI fcc id TC2-R1040

-software OS/version 11.0 build 4184-cr

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? YES! PBS  only when i try watching live tv livestream version 5.2 build 1 

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) Nothing happens when I try this.

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. I've tried all the suggestions, new cable, plugging it in a different slot, turning off and on, etc. no change.

Can you please email me directly? I'm not sure I can find this section on your website again...I'm not very tech savvy.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

I had this problem years back with an Ultra and at the time my primary tv, a Sony 3D 1080P that has since moved to my bedroom. The HDCP issue was long forgotten through a couple years more with the Uktra and the last year with a Streming Stick, a 3800. A couple months ago I upgraded this one to a 3820 and it was fine right up until a week ago (11.0 update?). Now, every time I turn the tv on and go into any app and play something, the **bleep** HDCP error and the only way to solve it is  to unplug it and plug it back in. Have tried using two other HDMI jacks with the same result.

0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

What's the status on this issue?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP errors must stop!

@Marcella95634

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JohnCap523

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing HDCP errors on OS 11.0, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

3820X

X017002JLP5N

11.0.0 build 4193-CU

S08Y419JLP5N

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

And now, a neighbor i installed Rokus for this week is having issues with a new 3820 freezing. It did it to me yesterday and just did it to them 10 mins ago. Obviously it has the latest firmware…

A lot better testing on these updates please. This has been pretty bad (as first world problems go).

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

My 3820 getting HDCP errors just did it three times. Each time I hit hone 5x and back 5x. Was I supposed to get any kind of feedback that I did that?

Could not resolve it without unplugging it.

11.0 is pretty bad… and this Roku had updated earlier today to 4193-CU. (Why did my Ultra update to C2 20 mins ago?)

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Interestingly, my neighbor’s 3820 that keeps locking up, updated on 5/2 to 10.5.1 and there are no new updates available to it. This is just a clusterscrew.

0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

I would have had to reset the Roku multiple times by now. Not sure if it actually fixed it. It would only be a band-aid. 

0 Kudos