Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miadlor
Streaming Star

[OS 11.0] Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

One Roku had updated to 11 and since then I have a daily HDCP Error.

The other Roku in the home had been on 10 for 2 weeks longer. It just updated to 11 and now the same issue.

This is happening on both TV sets now.

Different TV manufacturers and cables.

0 Kudos
205 REPLIES 205
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

Hi @miadlor,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I understand that you are experiencing HDCP errors after an OS update, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

Where can I send this info privately?

Found it.... Sent private message.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When do you get this error?  When first turning on the tv?  If you restart the Roku (pull power plug for a few seconds or give the reset button a short push and let it reboot) does it then remove the error?

If you have a Settings > System > Power item on your Rokus, see if disabling any Auto power savings option eliminates the problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

Error seems to come up randomly. I am unable to recreate at will. I can say that when the message comes up, I'm selecting a show to watch on Philo TV. I am able to get out to Home. At this point, I just do a restart and I'm good for the moment.

At times when I open TabloTV and watch a SD channel, I see a thin purple line at the top and bottom of the screen but have no message and can view the show. I know if I then open Philo TV, the message will be there.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@miadlor

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

In the meantime, we would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Fix an HDCP error

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rok1233
Reel Rookie

I have been getting HDCP errors every time I switch from the Roku Ultra 4800x input to another input on the TV and back again. For example, watching programming on any app, switching inputs to the antenna input and upon switching back I am greeted with the 020 HDCP error and kicked off the app.

This error srarted the day the box updated to 11.0 build 4180-c2, and has never happened before that. 

The tracking code is H5 163 868.

This is a game changer for me as I switch inputs frequently. Is there any way to open a portal via the settings menu to roll back the updates to 10.5 that was working fine? 

Thank You. 
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @rok1233

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link: Fix an HDCP error and the issue persists, please reply here with the following information:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rok1233
Reel Rookie

1. Roku 4800x - Ultra running 11.0.0 build 4180-C2. The rest I can send private if needed.

2. Happens on all apps. HBO, Hulu, Prime, Peacock, Discovery etc, but not on the Home screen fwiw.

3. Say you are watching a hockey game on Hulu via Roku. During intermission you switch the TV to another digital or analog input. Now upon returning to the Roku input a few minutes later, the hockey program should still be running. It was with the 10.x OS, but with 11.0 I just return to a HDCP error screen that can only be exited via the Home button.

Now this Sony TV is running on 1.4 HDMI protocol and that might have something to do with it, but if you could please send me a way to roll back this update while you work on this I would appreciate it.

Thank You. 
0 Kudos
miadlor
Streaming Star

Build 4184-CR

Same issue. 

0 Kudos