Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HighlyPeturbed
Reel Rookie

Re: Quarter Screen Display When Watching Content

So, looks like this thread started back in November 2021.  Many people reporting the same problem.   Many more probably haven't bothered to report the same problem.  Roku's only apparent 'help' is to request more info regarding TV, Roku, etc.  Typical tech support dodge [that Microsoft perfected].  As I sit here watching a streaming program on quarter screen on my 100-effing-dollar Roku, I am not confident that Roku is taking this seriously.  WHAT'S THE FIX, ROKU?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HighlyPeturbed

Thanks for the post.

Please provide the information that I have previously requested in this thread. Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Without more detailed information, it is hard to provide further troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djk44883
Channel Surfer

I believe you're right - it's a "blow-off" request.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/OS-10-5-roku-ultra-4800-displaying-1...

I posted a "response" back in November... I just know they'll get back to me, my service is important to them.  Please hold and the next available screen-reader will read the manual to you.

0 Kudos
foxberryfarm
Channel Surfer

After reporting this problem over a month ago and providing all the requested details I still have to reboot my Roku Ultra each day to get a full screen display.  I see reports of the same problem on this board on other models going back over a year.  Note my older model Roku never had a problem and the Ultra didn't have a problem until after a software update several months back.  Is this a basic product defect?  Has anyone else encountered it an found a permanent fix without unplugging and replugging HDMI cable or rebooting every time you want to watch a show?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@foxberryfarm

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation with the appropriate Roku team. At the current time I have no updates to provide, but once more information is available, I'll be sure to post in this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rogps

Happens to me on multiple apps. Never happened with my old Ultra. Thinking about returning this one and using my old one. Still under warranty. Can I get my money back?

0 Kudos
earrowood

Re: Picture is smaller than screen!

I am having the same problem. Several times a week the Roku makes the picture much smaller and up in the left corner of the screen.

Model: 4800x Roku ultra                        

SN: X010003GWPWC

Version10.5.0 build 4208-C2

Device ID: S02A212GWPWC

0 Kudos
Alfonzo

Re: [OS 10.5] roku ultra 4800 displaying 1/4 of picture on tv screen

I have my Roku Ultra 4800x Display size set to 720p on a 1080p TV, to reduce data used.  Whenever I let the Roku go to sleep after finishing a video, then switch back to watching TV (in Standard Definition), then turn off the TV… the next next time I power up the TV and watch YouTube videos on Roku, the screen size is reduced to the upper left corner. 

The way I fix it is by going to Settings and manually setting the Display size to 1080p, accepting it, then setting it back to 720p.  This fixes the video scaling issue.  Advantage: I don’t have to get off the couch!

Just another datapoint for the Roku team, change the Display size and then resetting it back fixes it.

0 Kudos
foxberryfarm
Channel Surfer

I also note if you disable the power save option and don't let the Roku go to sleep, the next time you use it, even if several days later, it maintains full screen streaming display.  I only did that as an experiment because it wastes power.  Restoring the power saving option by checking "after 20 minutes of no interaction" bring back the problem.  It only seems to do the 1/4 screen display following going to sleep.  When encountering 1/4 screen restarting the system from the remote via

"settings/system/power/system restart"

restores full screen display every time.

So why are the users and not Roku diagnosing this problem??????

0 Kudos
djk44883
Channel Surfer

Fix it?  Or does this make it "go away" until next time?

From my perspective, if it's fixed - I wouldn't have to regularly reset anything... but that's me.

0 Kudos