Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

@Fussy64, when you say you "disconnected" the stick, did you unplug the stick from the TV as well as the USB power cable to the stick?  Did it actually restart?  In other words, did you see the startup animation on your screen?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I should have been clearer.  I unplugged the Roku stick from the power source. After waiting 10 or so seconds, I plugged it back in, and there was a Roku start up screen followed by the home screen.  At that point, I was able to navigate with the remote control like I was able to do before the update was installed. Hope this helps.

SCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I initially unplugged the stick from the TV and plugged it back in, but that did nothing. I think the key is to unplug it from the power source. When you plug it back in, I think that causes it to reboot.  

Casperfam

Re: stuck on the New Feature screen

Jump to solution

Any progress on the 10.5 update issue? I'm still stuck on the New Features screen. I've tried unplugging, letting it set, then plugging it back in. Can you all just remove the update? My info is 4200X Roku 3, serial # 4114A8052051, 10.5.0, build 4201-04, timestamp 2021-11-14, issue ID 51-456-703. I have other programs that I pay for that come through Roku. I do not have cable service. Thank you.

LNix

Jump to solution

Same

mtkinsey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That didn't work for me!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ustuck on the New Feature screen

Jump to solution

@Casperfam, just to clarify, are you unplugging the power and not the HDMI cable to the TV?  If you don't see the startup animation when you reconnect it you haven't unplugged the right cable or left it unplugged long enough.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SCT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In case you did not see my other post, you may want to try the following if unplugging your Roku device from the power source for 10 seconds did not work:  remove the batteries from your Roku remote; unplug the Roku device from the power source for 10 seconds and then plug back in; put the batteries back in your Roku remote.  Hopefully the system will have rebooted and the remote is re-synced to the Roku device so that you will be able to navigate on the screen. If this does not work for you, I am sorry but I have no other suggestions.    

Susabella

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I often forget that simply rebooting most electronic devices will solve the problem.

Cagr78
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. My device goes into sleep mode and becomes completely unresponsive. The only solution at that point is to unplug the unit to reset. The cycle repeats every few hours, which is very annoying and inconvenient. The roku has only recently started doing this. Could the latest update be to blame?