Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

Completely unplugged all power and connections.  Waited a few minutes. Plugged all back in and seems to work now.

Very bad update for this bug to completely freeze the screen

vegaducati1
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

To the commenter above: Don’t do Roku. Danny’s lack of knowledge on this issue and the fact they still haven’t fixed it means Roku isn’t a reliable way to watch our favorite streaming apps. Try Amazon firestick or other brands like it instead, I’ve never seen those have issues. Danny wants us to send all this weird information which means they don’t have the slightest idea how to fix it. They should be able to look at the data being sent back to them every time we use our Rokus and narrow down the problem that way, I know because my cousin is in IT. He said roku gets sent data on every user and they can search what the issue is, he also said they can do a redo of the 10.5 recent update to fix the bugs so their IT department is either stupid or incompetent. 

MNBrad

Jump to solution

Yes, rebooting does unlock the freeze-up; however, whenever the roku is idle, it freezes up again (this time on the home screen), requiring another reboot. In effect, ever since the OS update a few days ago, the roku must be rebooted every time I want to use it.

Rob21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

have tried this multiple times - screen still frozen with the Introducing Roku OS 10.4 screen. Super frustrating, please help

abye

Jump to solution

Rebooting does fix this on the stick and Ultra, but streaming issues persist on the Stick. Hopefully you are rolling back the update on the stic k as well!!!

DBinFla

Jump to solution

It drove me crazy, but the reboot works. I need to sign in to all of my paid services to reactivate. You made a mess.

Model 4200x Working again

DB

davidajready
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also have this issue since 10.5 was applied.

(Roku 3 10.5.0 build 4201-04)

I can reboot it by pulling the power cable and plugging it back in. It works properly then, but if I exit and try to go back in the next day, the Roku screen comes up, but when I select "ok" to go into the home screen, the screen is frozen there, and although the led on the front of the Roku 3 does dim and brighten,  there is no other response to remote commands.

Restart again.

jc22

Jump to solution

I unplugged the power supply for about 30 seconds as you suggested.  Now it works fine.

Thank you!

Loiz

Jump to solution

When will this be fixed? I get nothing.  My Roku will not work.  I have done everything.  Unplugged,  replugged everything

Jump to solution

still same problem