Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMaurice
Reel Rookie

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

For all those with only this specific problem:  the remote being unresponsive and/or the roku appearing hung either on the whats new screen or after sitting for several hours after pulling the power.

1.  Pull the power for 5 seconds, reboot.

2.  Disable the screensaver

3. Disable the Network Data Saver

Instructions for the latter two steps are online on this forum. This has made mine stable for 24 hours and no longer hangs.

It is a BS fix while I await android replacements from amazon, but it does work.

Edit: For those who can't google or use the search button (this is as much support as I will be giving further as I am not affiliated with this site, nor is this my day job btw, first google hit that came up searching for those terms)...

To disable the Screensaver: Step 1: Select the Settings option in the left column. Step 2: Choose the Screensaver option. Step 3: Select the Change wait time option. Step 4: Choose the Disable screensaver option.

To disable Network Data Saver: 1. Select Settings. 2. Select Network. 3. Select Bandwidth saver. 4. Choose Off.

Aklin76

Jump to solution

I've done this and every time I turn on the roku it does it again! 

wi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I couldn't find your instructions of how to disable screensaver and etc

epidemix
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar update screen stuck

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue with my #Roku Streambar — the update intro screen is stuck over the main menu and I can blindly navigate or use the app shortcuts on the remote, but that is it. Brand new device, bought a few weeks ago. Not a great experience. 

Phantom-e
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi! I tried resetting it twice with no luck. Two TVs have the same Software Version - 10.5.0, but slightly different build numbers: 4201-030 and 4201-AT. These two TVs are having the exact same problem: both won't properly load Hulu, ABC comes up with a player error - code: 025-2501-106. Another TV works great and has a Software Version of 10.0.0 with a build number of 4214-48. My Roku Streaming stick also works fine with a software version of 10.5.0 with a build number of 4201-24. The problem has been happening for a few days. Thanks for any help! 🙂

Austincoop3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of these solutions work. I’ve been searching through these forums for days and seem to always find Danny employee saying he’s “solved” it. Roku tv has been bricked ever since new 10.5 update. I have done anything you’ve suggested and more. 
In all these forums, I just want to know how to revert back to version 10? 10.5 is trash and I’m tired of seeing these “solved” post from you. The problem is 10.5, fix it 

wi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried all of that from a previous post forum but it was different than how you described it--anyway did not work for me

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that this thread is regarding the screen being frozen on the "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" screen.

If you are experiencing this specific issue, we need all of the following information from you to better understand what you are seeing:
-date and time when did you unplugged the device from the power source (not the HDMI connection)
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-specific steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-photo of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate and assist you further.

If you are experiencing another issue not related to this thread, we would recommend searching for another thread that is related to your issue and posting your information there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
JohnTR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No help.  Still freezes.  How hard is it for you to push out an "update" that resets the system to the last version before ver. 10.5?

Xjonx
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

From what I experienced the problem is the "New Feature" announcement page is broken. Why did it have to be in your face? When it could have been in the right hand spot with the other ads.

When presented with this page, I was given the choice of "Explore new features"(I don't remember the wording used, but that's what it was getting at) and "Not Now". I distinctly remember on clicking down, and choosing "Not Now" but the features video starting to play anyway! As it was playing, I hit back first, with no response and the video to continued to play. I then hit the home key with the same outcome. The video played and ignored the fact I DIDN'T want to watch the video. I then mashed a random set of keys on the remote, eventually getting the video to stop but then stuck in the limbo in which the remote "worked" by the telltale thunks of each key press but not being able to navigate away from the screen AND not being able to play the new features videos either. I did somehow manage to get Amazon Prime app to start but exiting Amazon dumped me right back into limbo. Turning off the TV and letting Roku time out did NOTHING. Nor did waiting for the screen saver. The only thing that did seem to work was turning off the TV, taking my entire home theater rig apart (this Roku is INSTALLED and does not have easily accessible cabling), pulling the power and then putting everything back together, waiting for everything to reboot and restart again.

This is especially irksome with the loss of YouTube and the upcoming loss of Amazon. You guys are really treading on thin ice as it is. (If Roku losses Plex, I'm gone.)

Was it all that smart to do a entire rework of your system? I certainly hope you learn something from this.