Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Betty420

Nothing changed but it stopped working

My roku express now says I have low power and refuses to let me use it. It's plugged into the same wire it came with which has been the case all along. I haven't moved it, changed wires, or outlets. It's all the same as it had been just suddenly not working. I'm about ready to buy a firestick.  Why would it suddenly stop working? And why is it so hard to get support? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Nothing changed but it stopped working

@Betty420 

Are you saying you are powering from the included power supply? Not the USB port on a TV, right?

Would you clarify what the situation is. You say it says you have low power. So that means it is on, but a message is on the screen in some way? And you can't dismiss the message? It "not letting you use it", what does that mean? What exactly is going on? Can you not navigate the menu system? Or can you, but apps don't launch?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.