Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malst

Re: No sound unless I power cycle device

Jump to solution

Same thing has been happening to me. It first started about a couple of weeks ago. I checked for updates. Now, I have to unplugged the tv then plug it back up or reset it to get the sound on, Every. Single. Day.

Jim_Ma
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sounds like a common issue that the Roku company needs to provide some direction.  Roku, please help…the device is great other than this recent issue.  Thank you.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @malst @Jim_Ma

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with your Roku device. We would love to help you, and know about more the issue you are having. For us to further assist, we will need information. Kindly provide the following details:

• What Roku device are you using? Provide the Roku ID from Settings > System > About.
  • What specific issue are you experiencing?
  • Does the issue happen on a specific channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Looking forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Jim_Ma 

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We really appreciate the follow up information regarding your concern. In order for us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with more information? Kindly provide the following details for us to file a ticket with your concern to further investigate the issue. 

• If you plug the Ultra device directly to the TV, do you still experience the issue?
  • Serial number/Software version and build (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Issue ID (To generate a tracker issue Id, first, try to replicate the issue you have experienced. Then, using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession. You'll see a dialog box pop up with the relevant information to file your issue. We just need the serial number (either number is fine, we don't need both), the software version and build, and the Issue ID itself at the bottom).
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue

Keep us posted, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards.
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos