Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKthanks

Re: No sound in apps

Same thing happened today for the first time.  We have three Roku TVs.  Great. 😕

0 Kudos
drbayless
Reel Rookie

I've had enough rebooting the thing, I threw it away and got a FireTV. Much happier...

0 Kudos
Deannaj

I only show a system RESTART but no system reset..... I’m looking in my Roku settings. Am I supposed to look elsewhere? 

0 Kudos
Itisme

FIX? No sound in apps

Possible fix on another thread describing a similar problem.  I lost audio for Netflex and Prime but audio for all other channels was fine.  The solution is to go audio in the Roku setting and select HDMI >PCM.  Apparently the problem is with auto detect.  I tried it and it works.

Thank you so much for sharing that information! I have been losing my mind trying to figure out what was going on with this thing! Immediate fixed and I'm back to streaming

0 Kudos
Dotdot19

Re: FIX? No sound in apps

I want to thank you so much this helped me and it did fix my sound problem. I am very grateful

0 Kudos
devadoll

Thanks!  It worked for me to change the HDMI to PCM instead of the auto detect.  🙂

@Itisme wrote:

Possible fix on another thread describing a similar problem.  I lost audio for Netflex and Prime but audio for all other channels was fine.  The solution is to go audio in the Roku setting and select HDMI >PCM.  Apparently the problem is with auto detect.  I tried it and it works.

MeredithD

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
erictmail

Oh that makes sense I guess.. I’m more mechanical than technical so I simply unplugged my HDMI cable and instead used the Video cable, (red,white,yellow + aux-jack), that also came with Roku Express for setup/install. Figured each ports connected separately, so reckoned I’d have a chance and it Works fine now. Rokus auto detect must be detecting what I switched out...(?). 

0 Kudos

I had this same problem and was able to fix it. In my case, the sound was perfectly fine while scrolling through the apps, then when trying to play something in Netflix - zero sound. Tried the system restart and the network restart, neither worked. I fixed it by going to the Netflix show, playing the show, then there are the sound and closed caption “other” settings at the bottom. Mine was set to English original 5.1 and I changed it to English original. Fixed.

0 Kudos