Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Yogibear

No sound at all on my Vizio tv

I connected my roku 4k to my Vizio tv. I get picture but no sound. I’ve tried all the steps of unplugging and plugging it back in and nothing.  I’ve changed output on roku settings and nothing. I’ve been trying for 3 weeks now. This is just one big headache. I even got an HDMI extender cable. ID WA-34-321 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound at all on my Vizio tv

Hi @1Yogibear

Thanks for your post. 

Are you still experiencing the issue reported? We assume that you are connecting your Roku player directly to your TV and not through another device such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar, then try the following:

• Check the volume level and mute settings on your television. Make sure the mute is OFF and that the volume setting is at an appropriately audible level. If you need help, check the documentation for your TV manufacturer.
  • Connect the Roku player to a different input (ideally one you know works) and see if you can now hear sound. If you can, then there is a problem with the previous input on the TV.
  • Try changing the cable.
  • Try to plug the device into another TV and see if there's any difference. 

You can see more here:: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku streaming player

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos