Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: No sound at all from Ultra with direct connection

Thanks for the update, @BobInNH!

Sorry to hear about the issue. We suggest you run a quick update on your Roku to see channel update, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now. Restart your Roku and try again. If it did not help, it appears that the issue may be isolated to the channel in question. This suggests that there may be a problem with the channel itself that requires attention from the channel publisher. Please note that channels on Roku are developed and managed by individual channel publishers. 

To resolve the issue, it is recommended that you contact the support team of Youtuve TV directly and provide them with your feedback. You can reach them here: YouTube TV Support.

I'm going to mark this post as solved as we've come to the end of our troubleshooting options but I hope the information above is helpful, and please follow up here if you find any other solution so that others could benefit.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
peterac
Channel Surfer

Happened to me on YTTV, then switched to Netflix. No sound there either. I think bad sw, prob will return. Am connected via Ethernet for this ox. May try wireless to see if it helps but it should not matter.

Tx. No need to reply.

0 Kudos
BobInNH
Binge Watcher

Update:  I got a new Ultra and it had the same behavior.  Returned it.  Swapped it out for and old stick.  No problems at all for a week. Only difference is wired versus Wi-Fi so am now running the original Ultra on Wi-Fi.  Three days, no problem.  Let’s hope it stays that way.

0 Kudos