Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rstr03

No reply from Roku support in 13 days - any suggestions?

Hi everyone, as the title suggests, I'm not sure what to do. 

I have a brand new Roku Ultra (2022 model) and the audio cuts out for a few seconds every 10 to 15 minutes while watching any kind of content. Netflix, Youtube, etc. While the audio loss is only momentary, it happens often and it's quite annoying and my gut feeling tells me the Roku is the source of the issue and likely needs to be repaired or replaced. 

Troubleshooting I've already tried since I'm sure I'll get asked - I've tried changing the HDMI port it's plugged into, changing the actual HDMI cable. I've factory reset the Roku and TV, I've tried all kinds of audio settings on the TV and even tried plugging the Roku into a different TV entirely. No matter what I try, the audio cutting out still happens.

I emailed Roku support about the issue (customersupport@roku.com) on January 2, 2022 and have not heard back. I sent a follow up a few days later in the same email thread, and nothing. I work for a company in customer service, and our response time service agreement with our members is to reply within 24 hours or less. I'm getting a little anxious that it's been just about 2 weeks and I haven't heard back. 

Does anyone have any similar experience with the audio cutting out? Or similar experience waiting a long time to hear back from their support team? If they are usually slow to respond, then so be it, I can be patient I suppose. 

I'm pretty bummed out about the audio issue because I like the product a lot, just not the audio cutting out all the time. Anyway, long read, thanks if you made it this far. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: No reply from Roku support in 13 days - any suggestions?

When a brand-new product has a problem like that, I swap it out at the store.  If the second copy has the same problem, then I think it’s likely there is some basic incompatibility, so I try a different model, or give up.  So, keep an eye on your return window at the store, because manufacture support often runs slow.